Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

dvd to mpeg4

• 21-02-2005 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hey
    I'm sure this has been asked loads of times. i just got a gmini 400
    and i'm tryin to put a dvd or 2 on it. It only plays mpeg4 files. Anyone know a decent converter, straight from dvd to mpeg4?? i've tried a few but they don't seem to do what there ment to. Any suggeestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ActionMan

If you've got a MAC you can download MPEG Streamclip for free and then use MacTheRipper (also free) to rip the dvd to your harddrive and then drag one of the VOB files into Streamclip (choose open all) and it will then allow you to export in whatever format you need..... Problems i've had converting straight from dvd is just copy protect crap, but MacTheRipper sorts it. Sounds long but can be done in under 30mins... may be easier ways but i dont know them! If you've a PC, i've no idea!.....

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

If I'm reading it right it sounds like you want to encode to mpeg4 directly off the DVD without ripping the files first?

If that's what you want to do, don't. Takes me about 4 hours to encode a film (AMD +3000XP). If you're running you're DVD drive for that amount of time regularly you'll burn it out pretty quickly.

To encode on PC get yourself a copy of GordianKnot. Head over to Doom9 for some guides on how to use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭littlejay

Advertisement