Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't Panic

Options
  • 21-02-2005 2:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭

so, the time rapidly approaches for the film version of hitchhiker's guide to be released. are you
    1) a mushroom? 2)ridiculously excited 3) clueless as to what i'm on about 4) petrified that a babel fish will eat your brain 5) even more petrified that the movie will wreck your happy memories by ruining adams' work? 6) already wearing your bathrobe in antici...pation? 42) eating dirt?

discuss/shout at each other.
    or, in other words, banter away.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

I'd have to go for option 5 there, though it should be good. I'm not convinced by the casting...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Plunky wrote:
    I'd have to go for option 5 there, though it should be good. I'm not convinced by the casting...
    Gotta say.. Mos Def was friggin' brillant in 'The Woodsman' though!

EDIT: Heh heh.. like it!

hitchhikers.gif

May be, but I just can't see him as Ford...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

1,2,4,5 and 42. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Jimmy_Jazz

Hovering in limbo between options 2 and 5.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

IMO Mos Def as ford is a very stupid decision. He's only put in for the sake of being PC, he doesn't fit the part at all. Arthur Dent is a firmly normal person (to begin with), and considering the period of the Guide, it would have been highly abnormal for him to have been such a good friend with a black man

Still looking forward to it though. Will probably bus up to Dublin with bath robe to go see it....oh, and 12456

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

bu bu bu. but.. Bill Bailey as the whale!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭guX

Oops. Delete that post someone. I was experimenting with "stuff" and I meant to click preview instead of submit. How embarassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Raphael wrote:
    IMO Mos Def as ford is a very stupid decision. He's only put in for the sake of being PC, he doesn't fit the part at all. Arthur Dent is a firmly normal person (to begin with), and considering the period of the Guide, it would have been highly abnormal for him to have been such a good friend with a black man

You can have a Ford any colour you like as long as it's black...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

There is an edit button ya know!

Anyway, gimme a 3 please bob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Clearly a mushroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

well i am sort of ridiculously excited also

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

This has the potential to kick ass...

I'll say no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Are we all going to see it together? *looks around expectantly*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

I'm just afraid that unexpecting cinema goers may shocked to death ten minutes into the movie by the vileness of the Vogon poetry.

Are we all going to see it together? *looks around expectantly*
    YESSS!!!!!!!

Sure. I'll go. When be it released?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

ColHol wrote:
    There is an edit button ya know!

Anyway, gimme a 3 please bob

*Gives ColHol a 3*

Just saw this and 'tis the perfect excuse to reveal my new, yet refreshingly honest, name... Bob. Whee!

:rolleyes: Heh. Was wondering when I saw the profile on the left...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Film versions inevitably make me want to die so the Vogon poetry will probably be welcome. Although I would like to be there at the end to throw scale model of the restaurant at the end of the universe at the ushers when they try to make us leave.

• Advertisement

Oooooh quick thought - how will they handle the Hooloovoo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

Yeah, I feel it's gonna be a lot like LOTR, with sections cut out left, right, center. Though I doubt it could seriously damage my view of the novels.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

is it just the first book or all five in one film?

It would appear (due to trailer on www.hitchhikermovie.com) that it's just the 1st film

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

interesting...

How and ever, it would also appear (from www.imdb.com) that none of the actors are signed on to do Restaurant, or any of the other books, so nnyarghh!

On viewing the trailer... no. No to going to see it. Why is Zaphod in possession of only one head? And why are the white robots so short and unthreatening? And just why, in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Plunky wrote:
    How and ever, it would also appear (from www.imdb.com) that none of the actors are signed on to do Restaurant, or any of the other books, so nnyarghh!
    I doubt the IMDB know the exact terms of all their contracts tbh

he has at least 2. one flips out of him after Dent says "what are you doing"...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Give me a 5 and a 6 (yes I know I'm a bit of a walking paradox. And of course, a 42. I'm sure it will be entirely inaccurate, as the trailer has already shown it to be, but still, I'm looking forward to it.

Advertisement