Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rep points

Options
  • 21-02-2005 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

i think its safe to say a big huge NO

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

boards.ie and boards.jp share an administrator, namely Cloud, but they're not really linked apart from that. Reputation on boards.ie was becoming too much of a pain to be practical. Hopefully it is still working well for the boards.jp users.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

They went a few months ago, not sure of the exact date off-hand.

There was a rep thread on one of the forums, probably the cuckoo's nest if memory serves. I think Giblet was the thread starter. The complaining about them was more of a problem, although that thread illustrated quite a few problems with the scheme.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Gone since well before Christmas I'm afraid. Its sad, put apparently the whole thing was abused by persons (including myself) rep whoring!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Like every other perk, the Irish abused it to a point where it became a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

have to say i really like the rep system till it became a joke. Thought the ability to give a short comment on someones post was brilliant whether you agreed with their post or not and got rid of all that "LOL" shite that clutters threads.

Still think that the comment system should be reintroduced without the ability to give rep. Is that even possible or is it just to much hassle with the dangers :D of personal abuse which plagued it when it was all anom.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

lol i had forgotten all about the rep system until i saw this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

RuggieBear wrote:
    Still think that the comment system should be reintroduced without the ability to give rep. Is that even possible or is it just to much hassle with the dangers :D of personal abuse which plagued it when it was all anom.....

You mean the private message option? That works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

RuggieBear wrote:
    have to say i really like the rep system till it became a joke.
    So just for one or two days then!
    There was rep whoring going on long before that thread in the Cukoo's Nest started.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Imposter wrote:
    So just for one or two days then!
    There was rep whoring going on long before that thread in the Cukoo's Nest started.

But it wasn't so blatent or as widespread....but yeah you are right.... :D
    hobbes wrote:
    You mean the private message option? That works.
    it was just a handy way to give instant feedback to a particular post and it was possible to see which posts got comments....as opposed to PM'ing which doesn't ref any actual post. Am i making any sense at all!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I'm with the bear on this one. I too liked the idea of being able to give quick feedback on a post. Maybe admins could introduce it again, without the whole rep count thingy!!!

I think memphis is on the right track. No more apples just the screen in your user CP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

mmmmmmm apples.....

Ah PIP OFF!!!

Sorry... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

How about something in the drop down menu where it has all the profile/wiki/pm information called something like "Quick Feedback on this post" or something like that.

Just bring you straight to a PM screen with the post already quoted?

Meh....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

I do like the idea of the note to the poster, but I'd rarely feel the need to PM them. Would be good to have it as it was but without the + or -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Cremo wrote:
    lol i had forgotten all about the rep system until i saw this thread.

Indeed. Boards.ie is the better without it, it really doesn't add anything to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

i was well on my way to being a rep whore when they got rid of them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I really liked the little notes in the user cp.
    Im not arsed going thru pm to tell you ur post
    was fantastic/boombastic tbh.

Bring that feature back without rep plz.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I agree with the guys about the comment feature. It would be useful to reintroduce this feature of the rep system if it is technically possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I do also like the talk of this part-rep system.

If you could still give + and - to people along with a comment, however have it so it does not show up in their public profile, only their userCP would be nice. There are many posts here I would like to give feedback to, but PM'ing just is too much, a simple comment like "STFU n00b!!!11" could be easily given though this system rather then PM.

As long as other people cannot see the users rep, there wouldnt be much problem for them trying to get as many as possible in order to show off to their "internet friends" :rolleyes;

"Hey look, ive more rep then you do HAHA!!"
    > "Yea, well I've real friends, a real life and a real job ... 0wned"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

and that would be there just to relieve your frustration, or do you think it would actually serve some useful purpose?

To make you feel all shiny and bright on the inside...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Anything that can relieve frustration would be very welcome. Very welcome indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

and that would be there just to relieve your frustration, or do you think it would actually serve some useful purpose?

Don't lie WWM, there's many a time on PI you would have liked to use that (we won't mention names).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Wasn't half of the problem with the rep system the nature of the comments *some* people left?

Advertisement