Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool's CL match

• 21-02-2005 9:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Where can this be seen live?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Anfield. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

The Muppet wrote:
    Anfield. :D

And that's exactly where i'll be
    I can't wait :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,284 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

itv 2

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Cyrus wrote:
    itv 2

Really thats a bit of a joke isnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Yes, yes it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Jens Nowotney is out for Bayer ;) Doesn't make up for us missing Gerrard but every little helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

19:30 - TV3 - Champions League Football - Live coverage of the clash between Liverpool and Bayer Leverkusen, plus highlights

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

eirebhoy wrote:
    19:30 - TV3 - Champions League Football - Live coverage of the clash between Liverpool and Bayer Leverkusen, plus highlights

this i can handle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I suppose its ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

eirebhoy wrote:

Woop!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Excellent, a few beers and a night of dire liverpool footy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah Frank Staplegun for two hours..... :rolleyes:

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

mike65 wrote:
    Ah Frank Staplegun for two hours..... :rolleyes:

Mike.

Is toshack not commentating :(
    I guess i will have to watch united so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

d22ontour wrote:
    I guess i will have to watch united so :)

united are on wednesday, if you got sky sports yo ucan stick on the juve and real madrid match.

d22ontour wrote:

Stapleton/Toshack equally bad.

Mike.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Use Radio 5 Live commentary if MW reception is good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

What is the name of the tv3 sports presenter who commentates on their games? His voice just isn't suited for commentating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I presume Liverpool's team will be

Dudek
    Finnan - Carra - Hyypia - Trout
    Garcia - Biscan - Hamann - Riise
    Kewell - Baros

with Kewell and Garcia swapping from time to time.

I'd love to see Benitez gamble and throw in Welsh or Potter (preferably Potter) instead of Biscan. Not much chance of that though....

I note that Leverkusen arent what I would have thought is a typical German team (i.e. dour ;) ). They score lots and concede lots, won 4-2 at the weekend, and apparently that type of result in not uncommon this season. Though their attitude might be somewhat different tonight.

Leverkusen central defence partnership is broke due to Nowotny being out (for the season) and Roque Junior a doubt or maybe out.

If Milan Baros gets the ammo to fire we'll win, that depends on Kewell and Garcia/Smicer/Riise to have a good game...

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

mike65 wrote:
    and Roque Junior a doubt or maybe out.

damn, i do hope he plays. watched him play for brazil in their recent world cup qualifier, he hasn't improved from his leeds days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

would be good if someone can post a link to a stream
    cant go out this evening and dont have sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

it's on tv3

i cant receieve tv3, nor do i have a tv
    so can i have a stream please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Every time someone asks this question someone posts this link. :) Go to this site a few minutes before kickoff and someone will post a Winamp link on the forum:
    http://s2.forumforfree.com/index.php?mforum=freefootballstr&showforum=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Garcia will have to do the job tonight. (the key player IMO)

With Gerrard out, you and I know Hamann and Biscan (if playing?) wont provide the drive in attack.

with Kewell (if playing?) not fully fit. its down to Garcia and the usual from Riise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Confirmed Liverpool Team...

LIVERPOOL: Dudek, Finnan, Hyypia, Carragher, Traore, Riise, Hamann, Biscan, Garcia, Kewell, Baros.

SUBS: Carson, Smicer, Le Tallec, Nunez, Warnock, Welsh, Potter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Bayer Leverkusen are without injured skipper Jens Nowotny and defender Roque Junior

kewell to score!

2-1 liverpool.

I heard Mark Lawro Lawenson saying as he does every week that Liverpool "wont win but it'll be tight". God he's beginning to piss me off.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

mike65 wrote:
    I heard Mark Lawro Lawenson saying as he does every week that Liverpool "wont win but it'll be tight". God he's beginning to piss me off.

Mike.

He is pissing me off years with his we and us comments whenever ireland or england are playing.Does he not know where he is from ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

That's why I don't watch the build up to games on TV3/RTE, I've been listening to the build up on the LFC site...

Gonna watch the game- c'mon the 'pool :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

1-0 to the Reds. Cracking goal. Igor powers through the midfield before picking out an inch-perfect pass for Garcia to run onto and he slots it past the keeper.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Every time someone asks this question someone posts this link. :) Go to this site a few minutes before kickoff and someone will post a Winamp link on the forum:
    http://s2.forumforfree.com/index.php?mforum=freefootballstr&showforum=1

thanks

if the stream wasn't so **** i would've seen riise's goal

I missed the first 15 mins so I dunno how Pool played but the goals were both great even if the free-kick that Riise scored from was'nt justified! Pool are quick in the trackle (even Kewell) and quick to pass and move. A few dodgy monents of course most ntoably a shocker back-header by Finnan which left the goal at Bayers mercy luckily they missed.

Looking forward to the second half.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Despite the 2-0 advantage, Leverkusen have had a load of chances, and got in behind Pool a lot of times. Liverpool havnt had much apart from their two goals. But they are what count!

I really think if they want to go through, they cant conceed in the second half. Which I think is possible. Fingers crossed.

Kewell, Riise, and Carragher all doing particularly well.

• Advertisement

i cant believe what i have just seen
    someone PLEASE sign a good keeper!

that is absolutely ****ing shocking

:eek: :D :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: :(

Talk about mixed emotions! Brilliant 3rd goal by Hamman and then bang
    the last shot of the game is a howler from Dudek (who had been good), easy ball to smother and he fumbles it.

Oh well 3-1 is better than I thought possible.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

eyerer wrote:

QFT

I'm sick of Dudek ruining matches and costing the team vitals points. He managed to turn what was about to be a glorious night into a average one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

eyerer wrote:

I feel like we've lost the game, now they have a chance as they're quite good at home. Dudek had made some great saves through the match and then he waits 'til the last minute to do that :mad:

horrible mistake by dudek, useless. Carson needs to be given a go i nthe next premiership game. dudek didnt make any great saves, he was poor all night. the first half he punched a ball when he should of got it. he has no confidence in his catching ability. its actually painful to watch.

still, i would of taken a 3-1 before the match so not to pissed off. Still, having such a poor keeper in really worrying.

finnan had a great game, i felt garcia was excellent aswell, did alot of running and tried to cover back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

In fairness after a ropey start Dudek improved and made two good saves. Bad mistake at the end though that may come back to haunt us.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ah, great result, could've been worse! Dudek's fumble was unfortunate but these things happen. We'll just need to try for a clean sheet at the away game.

ding wrote:
    In fairness after a ropey start Dudek improved and made two good saves. Bad mistake at the end though that may come back to haunt us.

what were his to good saves? :confused:

the one from the long range shoot, was going wide anyway, did he even touch it?

the volley from the corner was bread and butter stuff, so its a suprise he didnt **** it up, it just looked impressive because of the pace. it was straight at him.. He didnt make any saves that any other premiership keeper would make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

They didn't go in did they? Hit with pace and on his present form I'd rate them as good saves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

They are only good saves if you are a dodgy keeper :)
    A good keeper will save evreythign he is expected to do.
    A great keeper will do that and more
    A good dodgy keeper will make amazing saves then **** up for no reason, Barthez is the best example of this.

Dudek is just below the level of a good dodgy keeper :)

Anyone think that Biscuit had a good game? Those defence splitting passes were exellent, so why cant he do that more often?. He and Hamman did a lot of quietly effective work.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

PHB explains it perfectly there, its easy pointing at dudek but the attempted 'defensive' play coming up to it was woeful. pool have a nasty habit of switching off in the dying minutes of games.

PHB wrote:
    They are only good saves if you are a dodgy keeper :)
    A good keeper will save evreythign he is expected to do.
    A great keeper will do that and more
    A good dodgy keeper will make amazing saves then **** up for no reason, Barthez is the best example of this.

Dudek is just below the level of a good dodgy keeper :)

dudek is probaly one of the worst keepers in the league, for a team thats challenging for 4th place, and looking to make it to the 1/4 final of the champions league that is no where near acceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Disappointing, but obviously pleased overall. I still think that Liverpool will go through. We will need to score over there though. Should be another good game.

It really puts Benetiz's decision to play a weak team in the FA Cup into context, he didnt care about going out, and that is the reason why is evident tonight. You could see that the Liverpool players were fresh and up for it.

Kewell, Riise, Baros, Carragher, Traore, Hamann, and Biscuits were all great, roll on Sunday. I think we can do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

**** it. If we were offered 3-1 before the start we would have snapped their hands off - it should be more than enough to help see us through and with Gerrard back for the second leg and two of their player's suspended after picking up yellows tonight we should be there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement