Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2002 Focus 1.6 Zetec(3/5dr)

Options
  • 21-02-2005 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

I hear these are fairly hard to find in Ireland?

Is this true, and how much would one be expecting to pay for such a car?

I'm about to buy one for 5500 stg with 30k on the clock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

I have a 01 1.6L SE Zetec 5dr Focus, had to buy it in the north, their rare in the south i spent months looking for one.

I think ford only released the LX model in the south and even then i couldn't get a 1.6L, my sister has a '04 LX model and its the little things in the Zetec that make it nicer like the large comfy steering wheel. The big difference is the fog lamps on the front and the third headrest in the back i think tho.

Anyway if your interested in one i'm up for offers on my own, thinking about changing this long time for a celica maybe ;) so pm me if ya want details

Farlz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭TheLedge

thanks, but i'm based in the UK. Might bring the zetec back home in a year and flog it!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Aye, I have the 3dr 1.6 Zetec, had a 16 week delivery time on it when I bought it new. Have not see too many for sale over here.
    That is a good price for that model and year

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think the Zetec was only available in 1.4 here or maybe 1.6 was a special order or an automatic only. I think the Zetec model was discontinued in 02/03.
    It is the same with the Ghia spec, you could only get it here in saloon. Very rare to see a Focus Ghia hatchback as there was greater demand in the UK.

The Focus "Collection" edition had most of the toys that the Zetec had and could be got in 1.6. You probably could still buy it new as there are plenty still for sale along side the new model.

The best looking Focus is the 3dr with either Zetec or Collection spec, in "Moon Dust" silver with front fog lights, small rear hatch spoier and 15" alloys with low profile tyres IMO.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

"The best looking Focus is the 3dr with either Zetec or Collection spec, in "Moon Dust" silver with front fog lights, small rear hatch spoier and 15" alloys with low profile tyres IMO."

I have the smokestone blue version, that is really why it took the 16 weeks, was not really a standard motor, I had an option to add a load of extras onto the car which I did.

• Advertisement
Advertisement