Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email notifications - huge delays

Options
  • 21-02-2005 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭

Anyone else experiencing these lately? Used to be like clockwork for me. Now, I'm seeing emails come in huge batches or days late. Is it my email exchange server or is it boards.ie the problem lies with?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Not happening for me at all, but I do have another issue with the updates.

Sometimes they come through twice. Not a huge problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No problems for me here. Although I was a bit surprised to come in today and have no post reports....

Quick query - how much of a hack would it be to store the post reports in a table and then allow moderators to view post reports for their boards, much in the same way as a PM? Twould be handy for times when someone's mail goes down, or boards's mail goes down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

They have changed the mail notifier address from Regi@boards.ie to Admin@boards.ie.

Lads, it woulda been nice for a heads up on this because I filter all my mail and now I have to go trawlling through the spam for all the boards mail I didn't no exisited.

It's especially hasslesome cos I usually moderate view my e-mail notifications (Otherwise I'd be all day clicking links).

Is this perm or are ye likely to change again and can we be told?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Ardent wrote:
    Anyone else experiencing these lately? Used to be like clockwork for me. Now, I'm seeing emails come in huge batches or days late.
    Im having the same problem, but when i checked my spam folder it was empty :confused:

syke wrote:
    Lads, it woulda been nice for a heads up on this because I filter all my mail and now I have to go trawlling through the spam for all the boards mail I didn't no exisited.
    Matches: from: (*@boards.ie)
    Do this: Apply label "Boards Mails"
    Gmail rawks.

• Advertisement

Actually, I'm getting delays too. Did a test report just after posting the above, and it was received exactly an hour later. The mail account is working fine, gmail.

Advertisement