Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

v500 opening instructions?

Options
  • 21-02-2005 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

hi does anyone know how to open a motorola v500 in order to replace the inner lcd. is it an easy replacement, how does the new lcd ribbon connect to the phones ribbon? thanks for any info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

lomb wrote:
    hi does anyone know how to open a motorola v500 in order to replace the inner lcd. is it an easy replacement, how does the new lcd ribbon connect to the phones ribbon? thanks for any info.

afaicr you remove the 4 silicone type rubber things, marked with red arrows below and remove the screws with a T6 screwdriver and bobs your uncle .

*edit

you might need a pin you get the rubber screw protectors out.

1smivo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

yep i got that off another site too thanks, things get slightly tricky inside though, have to remove the camera, then the outer lcd which is glued to the back of the inner screen, then i persume it lifts up, was just wondering how the ribbon cables work though, do they clip on?

lomb wrote:
    was just wondering how the ribbon cables work though, do they clip on?

hmm... that i don't know :(

i did open one up before, well i think it was v300...

i'm not as well up on my moto's as i am on my nokias ... :D

the only advice i would give now is "Be very careful" ...

good luck with it anyway :)

After you remove the top part, there is a metal cover over the LCD which you must remove. The LCD ribbon cable is attached to a PCB behind the LCD. The camera also goes into this.

Take a look at this, it shows what the PCB looks like. This is a V600 but the same applies to the V500:

http://home.comcast.net/~rickkirby/StorageBank/step_6.jpg

Look at the outer LCD, just above it on the left you should be able to see a pad. This is where the LCD cable connection is. Pop this out (carefully) and the LCD will come out no problem.

@Karsini

well done, great info :)

• Advertisement

thanks guys :)

can i just ask, the inner lcd isnt glued down or anything is it? i know the outer one is glued to the inner one on 3 feet which one can lift easily. thanks

also what about those 2 ribbons on the bottom right of your picture how do they pop off, i see no connector bar on it.

Use a small screwdriver or your fingernails to get it off. The LCDs are attached to each other, but the main LCD isn't glued to the case, it just slides out.

thanks

Advertisement