Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

K. Bekele; What an ordeal he's going through

• 21-02-2005 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

K. Bekele shone at the Athens olympics, winning the 10,000m final, and also holds the WR.
    The talented Ethiopian runner is emerging from Gabriel Se-las-e (? spelling) shadow and is tipped by Gabriel himself, to outshine the Ethiopian legend.

However this season has been a bad experience for Bekele;
    His fiancee is also a runner, and they train together. At the start of the year( the racing year), while they were training together she suddenly collapsed. Bekele rushed to the hospital, but she was pronounced dead on arrival.

He's only been running competitively twice since, most recently last wednesday at the Indoor world championships in Birmingham, but was beaten on both occasions.
    It's going to take some hard graft to return to his brilliance.
    Wishing him every bit of luck!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

what was the cause of death?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

this report says heart attack, but no PM was carried out.

A little more info about her life and death: link

such a terrible thing to happen to such a young couple, he must be heartbroken, I hope he can keep it together because he has an amazing career ahead of him.

but given the circumstances I wouldn't blame him if he just quit for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Agreed, but still, you have to admire his courage, racing so soon after, also you have to admire both Cragg and Geneti for proclaiming him the best in the world and they would have been nowhere near him in any other circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Squirrel wrote:
    admire both Cragg

I like Cragg: he's refreshingly honest. I hope he wins in Madrid.

He's a breath of fresh air after the prima donnas in the premiership.

No BS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I think Bekele will get back to where he was. It may take time, but you can't keep a good man down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement