Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McLaren threaten to quit F1

• 21-02-2005 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Seems Ron Dennis was feeling very chatty over the weekend :D

Just after saying they didnt sign MS even though he wanted to join them (link)

He threatened to pull McLaren out of F1 (link) if the latest nonsense isn't settled soon.

I reckon this would be terrible for F1, I just wish they'd all sort this stuff out!!

I wonder what McLaren would race at if they did pull out? WRC? MotoGP? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

With all of the behind the scenes political crap going on between the manufacturers and the FIA the future of F1 looks in a complete shambles. All of these disputes are leaving F1 unstable and full of division when everyone should be united and making an attempt to make the sport great again. If F1 splits into two separate championships with the current one and the GPWC, F1 will go down the drain. Look at what has happened in the states with CART/IRL, that division has ruined open wheel racing over there and I can see the same happening with F1. Ron Dennis is making a threat because all he has to do is shut his team down and F1 loses another big name, he is showing reality to the waring parties but I strongly believe he is not serious with that threat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

The Schummi wanting to join McClaren doesnt surprise me!

Wasnt he driving for mercedes before he entered F1!

Advertisement