Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cup draw

• 21-02-2005 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

1 Newcastle United v Tottenham H or Nottingham F
    2 Southampton or Brentford v Manchester United
    3 Bolton Wanderers v Arsenal or Sheffield United
    4 Burnley or Blackburn Rovers v Leicester City

Hopefully Newcastle, Southampton, Bolton and Burnley progress. Or even better if no premiership team gets to the semis, unlikely and all as that may be.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Good draw.....kept Arsenal, Utd and Newcastle away from each other....I want Newcastle to win it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

gimmick wrote:

Excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

utd must be favourites now, should get past southampton and then only arsenal/newcastle the only possible big boys. with a bit of luck we can avoid those 2 and hope they get knocked out along the way paving the way for an easy final like last year :D

trickey tie for arse should they get past sheffield which is another trickey game. bolton away is not a place you want to go for a cup game. probably along with man city the most unpredictable side in the league.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Ya seems like a nice draw for the bigger teams, there could possibly be a "smaller" team again in the final again this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

definately would prefer newcastle to any of the others.
    hopefully will see burnley in the semi's :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Overly confident? I'd have preferred if we'd got a home draw at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

2 Southampton or Brentford v Manchester United
    3 Bolton Wanderers v Arsenal or Sheffield United
    4 Burnley or Blackburn Rovers v Leicester City

Spurs are no walkover for Newcastle, no walkover at all, infact I think Spurs would be better off against Arsenal or Utd due to their CL commmitments.
    Utd should walk it.
    Arsenal should walk it.
    Leicester will put up a hell of a fight against Blackburn/Burnley. I wouldn't put it past them to get through.

Perfect final:
    Arsenal Utd of course :)
    With Newcastle playing arsenal along the way, and losing.
    Utd playing Leicster, and beating them :) (my friends a leicster fan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

PHB wrote:
    Spurs are no walkover for Newcastle, no walkover at all, infact I think Spurs would be better off against Arsenal or Utd due to their CL commmitments.

hey spurs still have to overcome the mighty reds :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Man Utd 11 - 8
    Arsenal 10 - 3
    Newcastle 5 - 1
    Blackburn 10 - 1
    Tottenham 8 - 1
    Bolton 11 - 1
    Leicester 33 - 1
    Sheffield Utd 66 - 1
    Burnley 80 - 1
    Southampton 28 - 1
    Nottm Forest 125 - 1
    Brentford 250 - 1

2 quid each way on Sheff Utd, not a bad bet. Altho everyone hates warnock i would like him to win somfin, he makes interviews fun :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Tricky draw for Arsenal, but if they want their trophy back they ought to earn it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

80-1 e/w on Burnley looks a decent bet too. A score draw against Blackburn and a win at home to Leicester and they're in the semi's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

A score draw against Blackburn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I'd love to see Burnley do it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Brian017 wrote:
    A score draw against Blackburn?
    Don't mind me... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Well if United go out id be disappointed but not as disappointed as i'd be if Arsenal won!

Would be nice to see all the prem teams go out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Ah but we all know what happens when Blackburn are the under dogs in the final eh?
    :D

TBH Rovers will should beat Burnley and Leicester at home.
    Then they are just 1 match from the final.

Be great to have a Spurs / Rovers rematch eh?

Persoally i just get abit sick of the hype around the big 3 and hope someone else gets the big day out!

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

eh?

Persoally i just get abit sick of the hype around the big 3 and hope someone else gets the big day out!

X

i dont, the final last year was a bit of a joke. the spurs and newcastle match would of made a very good final i think.

other wise i would like to see arsenal united, or one of those and spurs or newcastle. i dont want bb or a division one team i nthe final against the others. BB might put up a fight, but there not the best team to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I would be over the moon to see Newcastle win it , but if they don't id like Sheffield United to , robbed in the semis two years ago and I just like them for some reason .

Advertisement