Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scratch Perverts + MC Dynamite - This Sat night!

• 21-02-2005 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

This Saturday night at The Temple Bar Music Centre....

Scratch Perverts
    MC Dynamite
    Davy Splyce

This Saturday night, Feb 26th
    Doors 11pm til late...

Tix, priced 20e plus 1e booking fee, available from Carbon Records (Urban Outfitters), Spin Dizzy, City Discs, Rod Records and Big Brother Records.

Tix are also available from www.ticketmaster.ie priced 20e (subject to handling charge and booking fee)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

ahh fook,and i agreed to work in the old pub i used to work in this saturday night,what a kick in the nuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭remedy dublin

GaRtH_V wrote:
    ahh fook,and i agreed to work in the old pub i used to work in this saturday night,what a kick in the nuts

ring in sick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

loads of exams in 2 weeks and im in cork, bigger kick in the nuts

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Ahh I shall be attending this.
    really enjoyed the scratch perverts playing in the redbox ages back, have a load of live sets from them that I find really good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭verdidnt

Hey Lenny what kinda set did they play last time you saw them? I have a mix of theirs, about 2 hours long and the first hour and 20 minutes is not really my cup of tea - mostly hip hop and Rn'B.

Granted they **** the songs around unbelievably and they are amazing but the last 40 minutes of the set is class. Everything from Radiohead to the Prodigy, and a really cool drum'n bass mix that last about 15 minutes. Hopefully they will bang out a good mix on Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I can faintly remember, but they played miniumal r'nb/hib hop, how much I don't like it ome of it went down not too bad, played a few tunes off the soulwax album, but this was prob nearly 2 years ago tho

hey,

im sure the scratchers will rip it up on saturday night....i would expect them to play across the board....they always do....

see you there

remedy
    _______

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Headin up from Waterford for this one, cant wait!

hey man

if you are coming up do your best to either a) arrive v early to the venue or b) buy a ticket in advance....

should be a great gig...

see you there, remedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭verdidnt

The scratch perverts were amazing on Saturady night. I was in bits from the night before and wasn't even up for going out at all, but I was so entertained throughout the whole gig, such amazing talent.

Prime cuts was quiet enough on the night, taking it easy on his birthday perhaps? but Plus One stole the show for me.

Playing until 3:15 with an hour of the funkiest drum'n bass after a bit of everything from Nirvana to the Beaties. If Bassbin played that kind of drum 'n bass i'd be in the metro every weekend!

Nice one Anthony/Ray!!

• Advertisement

verdidnt wrote:
    The scratch perverts were amazing on Saturady night. I was in bits from the night before and wasn't even up for going out at all, but I was so entertained throughout the whole gig, such amazing talent.

Prime cuts was quiet enough on the night, taking it easy on his birthday perhaps? but Plus One stole the show for me.

Playing until 3:15 with an hour of the funkiest drum'n bass after a bit of everything from Nirvana to the Beaties. If Bassbin played that kind of drum 'n bass i'd be in the metro every weekend!

Nice one Anthony/Ray!!

Aw! Thanks so much..its always nice to hear when people enjoy the shows....and ur right, Plus One did rockk it!

Our next Remedy show features The Hacker (Good Life) and Damian Lazarus (Cross Town Rebels)....Rocky T and Chewy are playing in the bar....so it should be an excellent night out....its on Saturday March 12th at the Temple Bar Music Centre....

Then following that, on March 16th, we have a few gigs on...1. The Glimmers in the Music Centre, 2. Grooverider in the Hub 3. Soul Jazz Sound System in the Sugar Club....

Then Jamie Lidell and Matthew Herbert!!

See you on March 12th!

Thanks Remedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Indeed it was great. Who were the support act again they were quality?

Also, given the fact that some guy recorded the whole thing with a video camera on a tripod - is any of it available? Even photos?

Here's a few of mine:
    thumb_P2270163.JPG
    thumb_P2270161.JPG
    thumb_P2270159.JPG
    thumb_P2270171.JPG

Bri wrote:
    Indeed it was great. Who were the support act again they were quality?

Also, given the fact that some guy recorded the whole thing with a video camera on a tripod - is any of it available? Even photos?[/IMG]

hey, the support djs were george and davey splyce....v good...

jay from hip hop ireland recorded some of it, get onto him about the video clips...i should have pic soon too..

thanks remedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Will do cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

Was like I expected. A real party atmosphere and great music for dancing. I love the way they have no pretensions about the tracks they play. Commercial hip hop is still decent and good craic to dance to.

Disagree with the drum and bass selections. Its very two step and rigid given the range of beats that they play before. Still there was enough sub bass to keep me happy.

Advertisement