Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move to Esat Single Billing - IOLBB users beware...

• 21-02-2005 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

My story of woe...

Put simply, I'm an Esat customer for BB and for call charges and my line rental was with Eircom. I decided for ease of billing (long story, wife uses same line for dial-in to work and claims expenses) to move the line rental to Esat, so there's one bill for the line, remove BB + VAT and that's her expenses sorted.

First, about 4/5 days after the order, I had no BB. Logged a call, and have waited 10 days to hear that Esat, in moving the line to single billing, or whatever the terminology is, have disconnected my BB altogether!
    I'm now looking at 15 days for it to be re-connected.

Pain in the hole or what!

Beware.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I did the same recently and had no problem at all. Sounds like you were just unlucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Same here. I did it as soon as it came out. No problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

you might get connected sooner than 15 working days i got mine sorted in 8 days just had to ring them and say i had sync and they setup the password their and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lemo

I went to single billing with ESAT in October. No service interruption but I didn't receive the next two bills. Chased ESAT for weeks without any joy. Went to Comreg and they called me within 30 minutes!

That's not the end of the story, though. They sent out the missing bills and it turns out that they have been overcharging me (by not giving me the discount on broadband that you should get when you are with them for both voice and data). I've written twice now without reply so it's back to Comreg in the morning.

I am disappointed to find out that they are now better than Eircom and am now looking for my next supplier... Hello Smart Telecom!

Advertisement