Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barca documantary

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Van Gaal then pretty much tried to attempt to make a copy of that team that he had done so well with at Ajax, and signed hordes of Dutch players to make it work, Reizeger, Overmars, Cocu, Zenden, Kluivert, Van Bronkhorst, the De Boer twins, Im sure Im probably missing a few as well!

Ruud Hesp. Gio might have been brought in by Antic I can't remember. Overmars signed under Serra Ferrer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

redspider wrote:
    Btw, a season membership for Bohs is eur 300 whereas its around eur 700 for Barcelona. At that rate Barcelona seems good value and Bohs seems expensive.

For a season ticket it's perhaps €700 but it's not €700 to become a member. It's €137 for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Barcelona at 700 euro for membership is a bargain, what exactly do you get for your 700 quid? a season ticket included I presume? youd be mad not to join if you lived in Northern Spain.

Bohs at 300 quid, while a bit lavish, is a good investment if you are a big supporter of the club. Despite the mob mentality starting to creep in with elements of their support, I do know a hell of a lot of damn nice people who work behind the scenes at Bohs and it is generally a good club.

Wouldnt Rovers also be a members club at this stage?

Members running the club is really the best model for supporters, imagine if you United had it that way, but I think the most obvious thing in most cases, is that football clubs do better when run autocratically. But Barcelona could well change all that.

€137 to become a Barca member? Thats impressively cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Draupnir wrote:
    Wouldnt Rovers also be a members club at this stage?

When their examinership period ends and an owner is appointed, if the owner is the 400 club (The people in charge and keeping the club alive through the examinership period) I think they want to go down the road of a members club like Barca too.

€137 to become a Barca member? That's incredible.

i guess they do have more than 100,000 members, thats 10 million a year in membership fees. nice. add to that the season tickets and they must be taking in about 30 million in a lump at the start of each year just from their most loyal fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

redspider wrote:
    the 1.5m that Kluivert's agent got was huge
    Kluivert's agent happened to be his wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

is there a link to this video somewhere?

Advertisement