Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 game tonight

Options
  • 21-02-2005 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭

Anyone here normally play the 100 freezeout in the Fitz on Mondays? What sort of crowd to they usually get? I am going to play in the 50 double chance tomorrow, but as I will be busy friday won't get to play in the 50+50 so am trying to decide between the game tonight or the 20 rebuy on Wednesday, can't afford both.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

ionapaul wrote:
    Anyone here normally play the 100 freezeout in the Fitz on Mondays? What sort of crowd to they usually get? I am going to play in the 50 double chance tomorrow, but as I will be busy friday won't get to play in the 50+50 so am trying to decide between the game tonight or the 20 rebuy on Wednesday, can't afford both.

Monday is much tougher than Wednesday and the play is much better. The game is always attended by really good players that would never play the e20 re-buy game. Very good poker with less *craic* at the tables than a Wed game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

That's what I thought. I played last Wednesday for the first time and while it was fun, I didn't think the 3 rebuys structure suited my style at all. I played the 200 freezeout game in the Merrion the week before (won ticket in SnG) and although there wasn't the same 'craic' at the tables, it was fun. I still can't decide...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I love the 100 game,its much better than the 20 game...and playing the 20 sometimes you can end up spending 80 notes.Big Dragon is right most of the players never play in the 20 game,its a tough tournament but it has a nice gentle blind structure so there is alot of play in it.

Last week I came 4th and could/should have done better,but I was happy with 4th.This is my Favourite tournament and I am going to try and play it alot more.

Which one did you decide on

Played the 100 last night and got 4th. Am fairly shattered after lack of sleep, and want to watch the match tonight, but...I really like the 50 double chance, so might have to play! I came 3rd last week, the freezeout structure is much more my cup of tea than the rebuy, which just doesn't suit my style of play. U playing tonight?

• Advertisement

Not playing tonight,I am a big Liverpool fan so I will be watching the game.So you injoyed the 100 game...I think freezeout suites my game much better aswell.I am going to try and play this game as much as I can.

If you dont mind me asking how much did you get for 4th...?as I came 4th last week.

€600 for 4th - €800 for 3rd, €1300 for 2nd and €2600 for 1st if I remember correctly

Advertisement