Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That's it. My next car's a Citroen...

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Stuman134 wrote:
    I read the articles you posted Corinthian. I thank you for posting them, and a lot of what is written in them I wholeheartedly agree with. The summary is that both Blair and Bush were given bad intelligence and both governments acted on that bad intelligence (I forgot to include Austrailia in there too). As for Hans Blix, the guys is just a beaurucratic weiner. He has very little credibility and the IAEA has long been thought of as a toothless organization.
    It would be a rather simplistic summery to say that both Blair and Bush were simply given bad intelligence and both governments acted on that bad intelligence, especially given the evidence (even from the articles that I linked to) that the information presented was based upon the assumption that Iraq had WMD and then worked to prove this assumption.

Discounting Hans Blix from this evidence is not enough as there are numerous other sources (even within the intelligence community) that had warned that the information was being manipulated thusly. Information, incidentally, which ultimately failed to convince the international community or the UN Security Council either.

Simply saying that the information was wrong is not enough, it was wrong in numerous countries because the conclusions had been decided prior to the information being collected. Yet beyond a few resignations, we are unlikely to see any responsibility taken for a deception, intentional or otherwise, that caused a war.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

A bit of light relief in this thread, if you all please... Videogame-related (concerning the latest "GTA killer" case over in the US), but take the time to go all the way to the third strip, it will all make sense in the context of this thread :D

Strip 1
    Strip 2
    Strip 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

If you go back to when this originated it stems from a protest in Paris where a movement was carrying loads of Banners saying to boycott American products so you could say it back fired on them is all...but I might just be bias 1. because I'm American 2.Because I had French exchange students when I was younger and they sucked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

If you go back to when this originated it stems from a protest in Paris where a movement was carrying loads of Banners saying to boycott American products so you could say it back fired on them is all...
    Do you have a source and dates for this huge Paris demonstration or are you citing hearsay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

There is so much of this hearsay stuff happening like the freedom fries and banning of french products in the US. The only place I heard of that was using the term 'freedom fries" was the cafeteria in the Congressional building in DC. Also, there isnt any backlash against French products in the US, I work for a company that distributes a famous french mineral water and our sales were up 15% last year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement