Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How your Mocks go???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

i have no clue lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

thts just like me i wish i could concentrate properly, how do u put all the distractions aside PurpleFistMixer (sorry about my confusion about your gender :( will u forgive me) but anyway those marks are brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

lmao.

I'm pretty good at study too... I can look at somethin before an exam and I'll know it for a while.. But then I just forget it after the exam.
    I could've squashed alot more study into the 2 weeks of mocks and done alot better, I think...

• Advertisement

declan_lgs wrote:
    lmao.

I'm pretty good at study too... I can look at somethin before an exam and I'll know it for a while.. But then I just forget it after the exam.
    I could've squashed alot more study into the 2 weeks of mocks and done alot better, I think...
    what is the point in even learning it just to forget it after an exam the point of learning is so that you retain the information for a later time. Its just stupid forgetting as the Leaving Cert course will build on what you have learned during the Junior Cert you are only fooling yourself if you are not working properly. and i think we were complementing PurpleFistMixer for her good work in the mocks not about yours ;)

People seem to think I'm a guy quite a lot...
    Jakkass, I don't actually study that much, tbh. I'm incredibly easily distracted, and I listen to music quite often when I do my homework/study. It's a weird freak of chance that I remember anything at all...

nice brain then :D but is there any subject your bad at. I kno there is always some subjects where people are naturally able to retain information (depends on the subject and how interested u are etc) like for example I seem to hold history and geography well while some other people hold science in etc so what are you bad at lol if you can find anything you dont get a B for or even a miss of an A since you are so intelligent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

It's cus of the nick, sig and the whole being on a computer thing PurpleFistMixer ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

Got my results back today.

English 82% I would have liked to do a little better because English is one of my best subjects, but, meh... [my story was horribly corny so i'm suprised i got 63 out of 70 for that!]

maths 79% I'd like to get an A in the actual JC

Geography 76% so happy! I hate geography and I only studied for like 2 hours the night before! Yay! :D

History 88% The lowest I've ever gotten in history, but still an A So i'm happy. :)

Science 90% HAPPY! I like science so I'm glad I did well. :D

Business 72% In shock. I was so certain all my accounting questions went wrong, and nothing balanced...I can't believe I did so well! :D

CSPE 95% I got 3 questions wrong in section 1 and that was my only mistake so I am aiming for 100% in the JC. CSPE is too easy!

Irish 75% :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Need I say more?

I'm still waiting on French, but I know I didn't get an A because the highest in the class was 76%. I'm kind of annoyed about that because French is insanely easy.

did u get the wordsearch in CSPE

no we didn't have a word search on our paper.

All higher.

Thanks. :-) Emm, I didn't really study for the mocks, but I will be for the Junior Cert. like crazy. The only ones I put a bit of extra effort in for were history and science, i read through my notes once or twice. And irish-I'm not good at irish, but my dad would kill me if i didn't do well, so i made sure i learnt off a pile of stuff for that.

I think that PurpleFistMixer, Mysteryfish and probably Flashling all go to the same school, a super-school if you will :)

Heh. My school is... not super. A couple girls who shall remain nameless managed to fail ordinary level english and geography...

Aye but they were probably "hard girls" or "byores", no?

• Advertisement

Most of my school fancy themselves as that type... but I really have no idea how they managed to do that. I looked at the ordinary geography paper. It's blatant common sense...

Most people (both girls and guys) in most schools think it's cool to be stupid....I was on the bus a few days ago and there were some "ruffians" talking, one of them mentioned how hard a maths test was and he was quickly given a good punchup for talking about school outside of school :)

It's a strange culture

Some girls in my year act dumber than they are. As a way to "impress" guys, but it's stupid because now most people look down on that and I always think, why should you be ashamed that you're smart? Ultimately, doing well and being intelligent is what matters the most now and in the future. I think people forget what effect what you do now can have on your future. [except here, because we all seem like a fairly smart bunch of teens :-)]

Some girls in my year act dumber than they are. As a way to "impress" guys, but it's stupid because now most people look down on that and I always think, why should you be ashamed that you're smart? Ultimately, doing well and being intelligent is what matters the most now and in the future. I think people forget what effect what you do now can have on your future. [except here, because we all seem like a fairly smart bunch of teens :-)]

Only sham guys care about that tbh....most guys don't care and some guys like a girl who's smart (so long as she isn't smarter than him ;) ).

Future's can be changed at any time....what if you were killed tommorrow? Studying and getting good grades gives you the best chance of a well paid job but it's just increasing the chance, someone who fails in every subject might buy a lottery ticket and suddenly have more money than you'll make in 20 years after all the studying etc. My point is you never know what's around the corner, so why worry?

a lot of smart girls in my school are like that instead they try to make themselves look like slappers but it doesnt work as they are mingers and there are better looking girls who dont try to look like slappers :p

Fobia wrote:
    I was on the bus a few days ago and there were some "ruffians" talking, one of them mentioned how hard a maths test was and he was quickly given a good punchup for talking about school outside of school :)
    A girl gave me a weird look for talking about school things IN school one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Fobia wrote:
    a well payed job but it's just increasing the chance, someone who fails in every subject
    "Paid".
    Jakkass wrote:
    a lot of smart girls in my school are like that instead they try to make themselves look like slappers but it doesnt work as they are mingers and there are better looking girls who dont try to look like slappers :p
    They don't need to act out (by dressing down) to get attention.

ok ppl heres my first results (more to come) ;)
    All higher level :p:p
    Geography = 71% (dissapointed as I got an A at Christmas) :(
    History = 73% (dissapointed as I got an A at Christmas) :(
    German = 83 % (dissapointed as I got an A at Christmas but still not bad) :confused:
    Business Studies = 61% (dissapointed) :(
    Maths = 61% (pleased as i failed it last year) :D
    Irish = 81% :)
    (ub3rl33t im really happy with this as its a major improvement and hopefully ill build to an A)

• Advertisement

Victor wrote:
    "Paid"

Thanks Victor, didn't see that - can't be a spelling and grammar natzi if you can't do either yourself ;)

Advertisement