Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Human League

Options
  • 21-02-2005 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

playing two dates in ireland ;

Killarney NEC Sept 3rd
    Electric Picnic Spet 4th

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bheansidhe

Really? The 80's "Don't you want me baby?" band :eek:

This news brings rise to the question:

Whatever happend to all those 80's bands? *Oh come on, some of them were fe*kin' bril!*

Simple Minds
    T'apau (at least I think that's how they spelt it :p )
    Tears for Fears
    Where's Siouxie and the Banchees?
    Big Country
    The dead Milkmen
    And I will even say Depeche Mode - been so long since they've put out new material that you would think they up and vanished!

If Duran Duran can make a comeback :p Why not Adam Ant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

tears for fears are playin vicar st in april, got a ticket but can't go now :(

think depeche mode are still knockin about, they released an album 2 or 3 years ago, don't have it.

spelt t'pau, always hated that china>hand tune

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Simple minds played in Killarney last year I think. Big Country have played a few times in Dublin over the past few years. As for the rest, I've no idea what they are up to ... still living on the royalties!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

And I will even say Depeche Mode - been so long since they've put out new material that you would think they up and vanished!

Last album was only 3 years ago new one out this summer

and I always though Human League were dredful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

bheansidhe wrote:
    Really? The 80's "Don't you want me baby?" band :eek:

This news brings rise to the question:

Whatever happend to all those 80's bands? *Oh come on, some of them were fe*kin' bril!*

Simple Minds
    T'apau (at least I think that's how they spelt it :p )
    Tears for Fears
    Where's Siouxie and the Banchees?
    Big Country
    The dead Milkmen

If Duran Duran can make a comeback :p Why not Adam Ant?

the others have answered for Simple minds, TFF, Tpau, BC and DD...

as for Siouxsie....they reformed about 2 years ago for Coachella and played a couple of gigs in UK afterward. A Dublin date was scheduled but was cancelled due to illness of the bass player. They played 2 nights in London (which I attended) which were filmed and released on a cd and DVD called Seven Year Itch. Well worth checking out. Played a lot of early stuff from The Scream.

Yes Human league are unfortunately known to many as that "dont you want me" band....but there is far more to them...Check out the album Dare in particular and Reproduction which was done before the two dolly birds joined. Excellent stuff.

Depecho Mode are indeed recording a new album due for release end summer/early autumn, with perhaps a tour to follow. However due to dave Gahans now being clean from years of drug problems and OD's, they havent toured much in recent years, so he doesnt fall off the wagon appearently.

Adam ant is suffering from mental illness last I heard....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Adam Ant is as crazy as an ant of fire, thats why he won't a comeback.
    Human kick ass, and ride it too!

Advertisement