Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

AXA provisional insurance.

Options
  • 21-02-2005 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

Was told by AXA id need 6 lessons by a qualified instructor before theyd insure me as a named driver on my provisional license. I got 6 at 30 euro each, filled out the form and rang them up for a quote. They now say i need 10 lessons in total before they will insure me.... :mad:

Anyone else had experience of this? Its new to me that they specify a number of driving lessons.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭lilulila

I knew when I was on a provisional if your instructor wrote out a cert to state youve had 10 lessons you got a discount on the insurance. I did not know it was now practice. If you ring your instructor and see if they would cert you for the extra 4 and see. You never know it might be worth chancing your arm and asking them. Worst comes to the worst go for the other 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

yea i rang axa , never knew ya needed em , i was planning on getting 4 or 5 lessons , they told me i needed in writing that i took 10 , flippin 300e !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

is this really a problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Paul (MN) wrote:
    is this really a problem?

yes, id prefer to have an extra 120 euro in my pocket to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I'd prefer if you knew how to drive

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

My self and my girlfriend are insured with AXA and we were both provisional drivers when we started (my test is tomorrow :eek: ). We didnt have to give any written proof of lessons and they gave us money back after my GF passed. Its in her name and im a named driver. 1.2L car, €1300.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Im pretty sure i know all of the theory and basics that an instructor can teach me.
    You can get 100 lessons but theres no substitute for real world experience on you own.

yea my sis got insured with axa last year first time driver , they didnt want aything off her , so when my friend told me about this 10 lssons thing i wasnt too pushed , thought i dunno twas just bull or something , but yep thing is they want proof you done 10 lessons , ah well in my case the more practice the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

I'd prefer if you had 10 lessons before you "went out on your own" rather than 6.

Yesterday I was driving my 2 tonne Merc down a country lane when a Micrao came FLYING around a bend on the wrong side of the road (if you can do be on the wrong side on that road).

The hit the brakes and stopped. They hit the brakes and stopped beside me, but couldn't go any further as the road was too narrow.

The was a young girl <25 driving and a young guy in the passenger seat giving me the finger. I don't care.

Their car is shorter than the engine bay on mine. They would have been creamed.

heh sounds like my sister , drivin a wine micra on the other side of the road going around bends , nutx :rolleyes: , one day i met her not knowing it was her i was going mad , like im goina report that f8ckin eegit ,then i recognised the teddy in the back , was goin mad !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Im 23 and on a provisional licence and got quote from axa and nothing about lessons. Now it over 3000 on a 1 litre something (cant remember what i enquired about) but still a quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

L5 wrote:
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Im pretty sure i know all of the theory and basics that an instructor can teach me.
    You can get 100 lessons but theres no substitute for real world experience on you own.

This mentality truly astonishes me. Having done 8 lessons myself from scratch the difference even between 5 and 8 is unreal. It's cocky people that say "Sure I know all this [after all, I'm male]" that are also the ones that go around a corner at "20" miles an hour and "clip" the kerb and "for some reason" manage to flip the car several times. Do everyone a favour and get a micra with tinted windows, least then everyone on the road will know what to expect.

Advertisement