Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can i get a projector screen

Options
  • 21-02-2005 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

does anyone know where in Ireland i can buy a projector screen from,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Hello,

what size and what type do you want !
    there are manual and electrical !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

not really sure just something basic to watch movies on id say around 70" or 80" or something like the size of the ones they have in schools above the blackboards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Harvey Normans . . expensive though !! What about ordering on the net from the UK, is that an option ? You'll get a far better spec screen for a lot less mulah. An 84" pull-down screen is 349 in Harvey's, they can be got from as little as 129 pounds in England.

This site has some decent prices.

ZEN

ive no problem ordering online but I assume because of the size of these things shipping would make them fairly expensive buys online.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

Kristok wrote:
    I have four in each room at home.

I need them though - they hold the roof up

:)

*sorry*

• Advertisement

hehe the ones holding my roof up are covered in wallpaper and ive been warned im not to paint one of them (as if buying a can of paint and a roller implies I was going to do that or something)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

Hi try this link out see if it's any help to ya

http://members.shaw.ca/danhanson/Theater/screen/screenproject.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

Go to www.drhscreens.co.uk ...good product as reasonably priced...Cheap shipping also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

I made one using some wood and curtin blackout material. Cost about 25 euro in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Ice_Box wrote:
    I made one using some wood and curtin blackout material. Cost about 25 euro in total.

. . . . and there goes a lad who rushed home from school to watch Blue Peter . . . how many toilet roll tubes did you need by the way ? :D;)

ZEN

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭gavnolan

Kristok wrote:

hey there, i was in the same boat as you looking for a mid range screen for my projector, i looked everywhere, even the US and couldnt find a decent one, i eventually came across one on www.dell.ie
    its called a NOBO projector screen and all in all incl delivery and Vat it came to E140, it comes with the wall mount/ceiling mount brackets (but no screws)
    its 1.5M by 1.5M ( about 5 foot by 5 foot ) or 60X60 inches aprox,
    its a smashing screen,id defo recommend it....

Cool thats the cheapest ive seen so far

Advertisement