Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iww trainees and wrestling fans

• 21-02-2005 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭

anyone who is training with IWW will realise how much wwe is sloppy.I watched jericho v benoit at backlash and judgment day.Their collar and elbow tie up was less credible than how Baxter Burridge showed us.if you have this pay per view,watch the amount of space there is in the tie up.Its small things that u realise as a wrestler as opposed to being a fan that you pick up on.

IWW is the best thing to happen to irish wrestling fans.I respect Baxter Burridge and Sheamus O Shaunessy for all their hard work.IWW makes wwe look less credible which may take away the passion for wwe wrestling given the knowledge we have, combined with the dire angles that wwe have.

people like us can save wwe from slipping farther down the drain.its up to wwe to scan and recruit wrestlers who have different styles of wrestling.The Heretic Red Vinny could be a useful wrestler to wwe.I haven't seen Alex Breslin in action but I saw her at the open day and even her stance made me realise how she could be a good asset to wwe or TNA as a wrestler and valet.Most Americans cant get into wrestling because thay go to these schools that just take their money, while they try to be the next Austin.

but over here we are lucky to have a school thats devoted into training us and working with us to wrestle properly and be the first (whoever you are) instead of being the next austin or rock or HHH.Its new characters and new gimmicks that can save wwe.i think IWW is a good place to look for real charcters.

I was training on Friday night and had shoot fights.i am a bit sore in places but i love it. to those who want to be wrestlers,IWW is the way to go.not only do you learn a lot of wrestling but you learn how to respect wrestling properly.anyone who makes it in wrestling coming from IWW will be honoured especially if you are picked up by tna or wwe.

its my opinion that IWW should be monitored by wrestling agents.The passion is there and styles are different.I think fans are looking for something different and i feel iww has the talent to do that.i feel those training in the frontier gym also have the potential to turn things around.

reply if you agree/disagree.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

blackbelt wrote:

I think that Chris Benoit or Chris Jericho would make you eat your words.
    I don't mean to offend you by saying that,but I'm big fans of those stars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

blackbelt wrote:
    anyone who is training with IWW will realise how much wwe is sloppy.I watched jericho v benoit at backlash and judgment day.Their collar and elbow tie up was less credible than how Baxter Burridge showed us.if you have this pay per view,watch the amount of space there is in the tie up.Its small things that u realise as a wrestler as opposed to being a fan that you pick up on.

IWW is the best thing to happen to irish wrestling fans.I respect Baxter Burridge and Sheamus O Shaunessy for all their hard work.IWW makes wwe look less credible which may take away the passion for wwe wrestling given the knowledge we have, combined with the dire angles that wwe have.

people like us can save wwe from slipping farther down the drain.its up to wwe to scan and recruit wrestlers who have different styles of wrestling.The Heretic Red Vinny could be a useful wrestler to wwe.I haven't seen Alex Breslin in action but I saw her at the open day and even her stance made me realise how she could be a good asset to wwe or TNA as a wrestler and valet.Most Americans cant get into wrestling because thay go to these schools that just take their money, while they try to be the next Austin.

but over here we are lucky to have a school thats devoted into training us and working with us to wrestle properly and be the first (whoever you are) instead of being the next austin or rock or HHH.Its new characters and new gimmicks that can save wwe.i think IWW is a good place to look for real charcters.

I was training on Friday night and had shoot fights.i am a bit sore in places but i love it. to those who want to be wrestlers,IWW is the way to go.not only do you learn a lot of wrestling but you learn how to respect wrestling properly.anyone who makes it in wrestling coming from IWW will be honoured especially if you are picked up by tna or wwe.

its my opinion that IWW should be monitored by wrestling agents.The passion is there and styles are different.I think fans are looking for something different and i feel iww has the talent to do that.i feel those training in the frontier gym also have the potential to turn things around.

and the fact that some wrestling schools in America which are run by people like the Funk Brothers, Killer Kowalski - they are simply in it for the money? Sorry pal, but you are talking through your bum.

As for any IWW talent or in fact any Irish talent being picked up by TNA or WWE - that is the dream - but in reality it will NEVER happen - why - because there is already an over-filled pot of wrestlers in America - and not all of them think they are the next Austin.

Sure there is some good Irish talent, but they are not great, not by American standards - which incidently area quite high - how many times have you heard existing wrestlers say have a backup plan, as only a fraction, a tiny fraction of wrestlers actually make it - and those that do make, and even smaller number of them make it to the "big time".

So next time choose your words a bit more carefully

And yes Benoit or Jericho along would chew you up and spit you out over comments like that - who are you to make a comment like that - have you ever wrestled on a major televised PPV? Have you never made a tiny mistake like that - of course not, I am assuming you are perfect like that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

yes i agree that they can and that they will be better wrestlers than i'll ever be.Don't get me wrong,Jericho and Benoit are awesome.I think Jericho is underutilised and unrewarded.same goes for benoit.

i mentioned one thing that i picked up on and that was their collar and elbow tie up which was good but from a wrestlers prospective was a bit sloppy.when i say sloppy i meant that there was a bit of space between them.as iww trainees we are taught to pick up on everything.we are shown how to nitpick everything.jericho and benoit can put on a perfect match and run it like clockwork.as a trainee wrestler though you begin to question the smallest things that happen.i have a lot of respect for benoit and jericho.i don't mean to take anything away from them nor do i intend to.i am just analyzing things as i am a trainee.

now to iww,i think iww has special talent that can make a difference to wwe or tna.bring in the heretic and have him feud with eddie guerrero.u might think...oh the heretic red vinny aint in the same league as eddie but i'd argue that point.here we'd have two men who have slightly different styles of wrestling.smackdown is barely watchable to a lot of fans,so why don't wwe search for talent in ireland and uk? baxter burridge would be an amazing character on smackdown along with heretic and alex breslin.even sheamus o shaunessy.wwe could use these people to create worthwhile angles.could you imagine a stable of heretic,baxter burridge and alex breslin joining wwe or tna.if i had the position of head of talent and i knew of these,i would sign them to my federation.

perfect angle...

imagine heretic,baxter burridge and alex breslin turning up on velocity backstage and the camera just shows them walking in.they get a strange looks from wwe smackdown superstars like big show and chavo guerrero.then they confront theodore long demanding jobs on smackdown.he turns them away but they come out to the ring and attack certain superstars like eddie and daniel puder and rey mysterio.they then proclaim that they are sick of these superstars that "cant wrestle".

imagine that as an angle.I think it would/could work.i just wish wwe and tna would recognise iww and other schools as real wrestling and recruit those who have the talent to turn rhings around.especially on smackdown.

blackbelt wrote:
    now to iww,i think iww has special talent that can make a difference to wwe or tna.bring in the heretic and have him feud with eddie guerrero.u might think...oh the heretic red vinny aint in the same league as eddie but i'd argue that point.here we'd have two men who have slightly different styles of wrestling.smackdown is barely watchable to a lot of fans,so why don't wwe search for talent in ireland and uk? baxter burridge would be an amazing character on smackdown along with heretic and alex breslin.even sheamus o shaunessy.wwe could use these people to create worthwhile angles.could you imagine a stable of heretic,baxter burridge and alex breslin joining wwe or tna.if i had the position of head of talent and i knew of these,i would sign them to my federation.

perfect angle...

imagine heretic,baxter burridge and alex breslin turning up on velocity backstage and the camera just shows them walking in.they get a strange looks from wwe smackdown superstars like big show and chavo guerrero.then they confront theodore long demanding jobs on smackdown.he turns them away but they come out to the ring and attack certain superstars like eddie and daniel puder and rey mysterio.they then proclaim that they are sick of these superstars that "cant wrestle".

imagine that as an angle.I think it would/could work.i just wish wwe and tna would recognise iww and other schools as real wrestling and recruit those who have the talent to turn rhings around.especially on smackdown.

sorry but again that just would simply not work for a number of reasons, one of which was the deluge of wrestlers that America already has - you cannot argue with the sheer size of numbers and talent already waiting in the wings over there.

for any Irish or UK trained wrestler to get noticed - they would, more then likely, have to wrestle full time over in the states - it is very rare that any federation will look outside its own country for new talent

you're angles might work in a small and new federation, but as for working in WWE, sorry it would never, ever happen - the guys in WWE have wrestled too long and too hard to give up their spots for any new guy

and I am sorry I have to completely disagree with you on one other point

"recruit those who have the talent to turn rhings around" - the sheer mind numbing audacity in saying that completely undermines the talent that is already pre-existing on Smackdown.

The problem does not lie with the talent on Smackdown - the problem lies in the direction of the company and how talent are told to wrestle - just because they are doing what their boss tells them, doesnt mean they have no talent - it means they want to keep their jobs.

If you wish for anything blackbelt - wish for long term fix in the creative process on Smackdown - then you can think about bringing in new talent - otherwise the everyone will go around in a circle getting larger and larger

i have to point out to you that i am not undermining any of the talent thats on smackdown.not even JBL who most people dislike.when i said it could be a good idea to bring them in and do that angle i was saying that in regards to new angles that might increase ratings for smackdown.im defo trying to get my tickets to smackdown regardless of the direction of the company.i think the iww wrestlers that i mentioned could work because we have a new style of wrestling vs wwe.this would be something different.you could have baxter burridge and the heretic proclaiming that they are the better wrestlers and disregarding wwe wrestling as inferior.they are also 2 great gimmicks/characters.

now i'm not criticizing benoit and jericho.im just questioning one small thing that was in a match.again i was analyzing wwe wrestling as a trainee wrestler.

now another point...how do you know that an iww wrestler or any irish wrestler for that matter would never ever make it to wwe or tna?have you got a crystal ball or something.no disrespect but you are being presumptuous and disregarding the talent thats in iww and other schools in ireland.it would be something to see it happen if they did make it.what is to stop irish wrestling from making it big.there is a market over here for it and along with the joint fwa promotions in england whats to say that american or japanese wrestling businesses/companies wont sit up and notice?plus wwe are more uk and ireland orientated than ever before hence why they are filming their tv brand shows over this side of the atlantic.

who is to say that wwe scouting talent wont come over here,england or Germany to check out what talent there is.Fit Finlay has irish background and is part of the training and scouting department in wwe.its wrong to rule out that they won't ever come here or that iww will never ever be recognized

• Advertisement

blackbelt wrote:
    now another point...how do you know that an iww wrestler or any irish wrestler for that matter would never ever make it to wwe or tna?have you got a crystal ball or something.no disrespect but you are being presumptuous and disregarding the talent thats in iww and other schools in ireland.it would be something to see it happen if they did make it.what is to stop irish wrestling from making it big.there is a market over here for it and along with the joint fwa promotions in england whats to say that american or japanese wrestling businesses/companies wont sit up and notice?plus wwe are more uk and ireland orientated than ever before hence why they are filming their tv brand shows over this side of the atlantic.

who is to say that wwe scouting talent wont come over here,england or Germany to check out what talent there is.Fit Finlay has irish background and is part of the training and scouting department in wwe.its wrong to rule out that they won't ever come here or that iww will never ever be recognized

Fit Finley is the exception of the rule - and he did not make it to the "big time" until 17 years after he started wrestling - he debuted in WCW in 1995- he started wrestling in 1978.

I never said Irish or UK talent are not deserving of a chance to wrestle in WWE or TNA or whatever, what I said was their chances of it happening were little to none - since at the moment and in the past, you have to wrestle in America to get noticed as again "the overflowing pot of already existing wrestlers in America is immense" - please read the preceeding line carefully and understand the point I have made several times.

I am being presumptious about the schools, but not the talents, because IWW is only in its infancy, there are more established schools outside of Ireland, with reputations as long as your arm - and those are the schools that WWE and TNA will look at first - there is no arguing with that simple fact.

I never said scouting wont come over here, but they wont come over until the schools have established themselves as decent schools, and can compete with the already established facilities in the likes of Japan, Germany, Canada and the USA

And as for them filming their brand shows over here - how many times has that happened in total??? It is only now that WWE realise with business going down the toilets in the States, that the European markets are wide open and rabid for any wrestling that comes over here.

As I said before, it is not a criticism of any Irish talent, IWW or otherwise, it was a point that new talent in WWE does not make a good product.

one more thing i have to say,

i never said the funks or killer kowalski were in it just for the money.i think you know that there are wrestling training schools who are run by greedy people who take peoples money away from them and say that they are gettin on fine while there students hurt themselves.I know this for a fact because i have watched documentaries.trainees pay $500 to train in the school.some are just in it for the money.you are wrong to accuse me of saying killer kowalski and the funks are in it for the money.killer kowalski is v dedicated to wrestling.thats why we have HHH.Then you have these greedy people that are just in it for the money.people who don't care that there trainees get hurt.just as long as they are reeling in the big bucks.

you are wrong to accuse me of brushing the the funks,kowalski and all those dedicated to wrestling with the same brush.as far as people wanting to be the next austin....yes there are thousands out there who want to be exactly like him or at least have the same gimmick/personality.

in iww we are trained to be the best we can be,have our own characters and gimmicks and be different.i don't call 10euro for 3hours of training as "in it for the money".but in america there are people who pay ridiculous amounts of money for crap training.you are accusing me of generalising every school in america which is v unfair

blackbelt wrote:
    you are wrong to accuse me of brushing the the funks,kowalski and all those dedicated to wrestling with the same brush.as far as people wanting to be the next austin....yes there are thousands out there who want to be exactly like him or at least have the same gimmick/personality.

in iww we are trained to be the best we can be,have our own characters and gimmicks and be different.i don't call 10euro for 3hours of training as "in it for the money".but in america there are people who pay ridiculous amounts of money for crap training.you are accusing me of generalising every school in america which is v unfair

well maybe if you didnt make such a broad generalisation

"Most Americans cant get into wrestling because thay go to these schools that just take their money, while they try to be the next Austin." like that, then you wouldnt have been brushed like that

yes i agree with you to a certain point.maybe it did look like a generalised everything but we all know that there are greedy businessmen and those who actually have a true deication and passion for wrestling.

Dave Fit Finlay did wrestle for years on end but he would like to see english and irish wrestlers make it to the big time no doubt.i disagree with you when you said that new talent would not be good.How will wwe recover when they lose Undertaker,HHH,Booker T and Ric Flair?

Daniel Puder and Paul London are the future.Trainess in wrestling schools are on average in their late teens to early twenties.thats like a big candle.they have a whole career ahead of themselves.they can establish themselves and make wwe more interesting.

yes i agree that iww may need to establish themselves more and build a reputation but when that happens,who's to say big wrestling businesses wont come over?again you might have to eat your words with the statement you made regarding noibody making it from ireland or iww.yes there is an overfilled pot of talent in america but do you have to be american to make it big in wrestling?wcw got talent like ultimo dragon.how bout the orient express?kamala,william regal,roddy piper and alex wright? they are not american but have made it.

blackbelt wrote:
    yes i agree that iww may need to establish themselves more and build a reputation but when that happens,who's to say big wrestling businesses wont come over?again you might have to eat your words with the statement you made regarding noibody making it from ireland or iww.yes there is an overfilled pot of talent in america but do you have to be american to make it big in wrestling?wcw got talent like ultimo dragon.how bout the orient express?kamala,william regal,roddy piper and alex wright? they are not american but have made it.

And you do realise that

Kamala (American)
    William Regal (English)
    Roddy Piper (Canadian)
    Alex Wright (German)
    Orient Express - one half of the team was born in Croatia, and moves to American whilst a young boy

Not much of an arguement there, when you consider the majority of active wrestlers in WWE/TNA/etc are from America/Canada

See a pattern emerging?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

see below

Blackbelt, do you really think that Paul London feels like he is the future of wwe at the moment?

I doubt it, this is an amazingly talented wrestler with everything that "should" make him a star but all he is doing is jerking curtains, he has his hands tied behind his back basically with his move-set and is not taken seriously by wwe admin.

How do you think he feels about that? and remember he was an established indy star before he went to wwe. Pretty sickened i'd say.

How would "the heretic" fare being a relative unknown? TNA would be a possibility (but they have more guys than they know what to do with and recently it's started looking like they're concentrating on bringing in washed up stars and burying their young talent) but it would be tough to get your foot in the door there without serious indy rep behind you.

Getting back to wwe, currently chavo guerrero is the cruiserweight champ on smackdown and do you know why? It's not cos of charisma, skill or being over with the crowd, it's cos he's over with management. And the reason he's over with management is cos he is a middleweight size guy that wrestles like a heavyweight? Think of the last few cruiserweight champs, wth the exception of Rey mysterio they are average size guys who wrestle like heavyweights. Look at bleeding spike dudleys matches, boring move, boring move, sick bump and either cheat to win or lose.

WWE don't seem to be interested in innovative wrestling or innovative angles (and sorry but i don't think your suggested angle is that innovative really as it is just another invasion angle) all they want to do is rehash the same old formula again and again and again because they think that the tried and trusted stuff will make them the most money.

to ph3nom,

how about nathan jones,giant gonzalez,the british bulldog,nikolai volkoff,all the samoans ie afa.how bout taka michinoku,funaki,muhammad hassan,hakushi.

they all made it and are not from america or canada.

i don't know why chavo is over with management.maybe that reason is true because i can see the same thing for shelton benjamin being able to perform like a lightweight and heavyweight.

last time i watched smackdown continuously,paul london was in an amazing feud with billy kidman.now i hear he's on velocity.i hope wwe wakes up and realises what a mistake they are making with paul london stuck on velocity.

i feel those iww stars i mentioned would be a good addition to wwe.i wouldn't exactly call it a full blown invasion but they could just come in as cocky wrestlers running rough shod over certain superstars.like you could have the heretic entering the arena as a special guest then have him run his mouth off at danial puder.that in itself would be amazing.

unfortunately we will probably never get to see this.the odds are one in a million although i've argued the point a lot this morning.

paul london was the main reason i watched smackdown some weeks.his feud with kidman had me entertained while i sat on the couch.wwe were finally doing something right on smackdown and what did they do.....they blew it big time.

blackbelt wrote:
    to ph3nom,

how about nathan jones,giant gonzalez,the british bulldog,nikolai volkoff,all the samoans ie afa.how bout taka michinoku,funaki,muhammad hassan,hakushi.

they all made it and are not from america or canada.

LOL - do some better reasearch please

British Bulldog - the only exception to the rule, however he didnt make it because he was British - he made it because he moved to Canada and trained with Stu Hart

Afa - Samoa, Moved to Pennsylvania
    Sika - Samoa, Moved to Gulf Breeze, Florida
    Samu - Somoa, Moved to Florida
    Fatu aka Rikishi - San Francisco

Taka/Funaki - they made it? And that is why they are perennial jobbers on WWE TV and that their talent is being wasted?

Muhammad Hassan - is an American Arab - born of Arab parents, he lives in America

Nikolai Volkoff - Russia - he started wrestling waaay back in 1968 - and he was an amatuer wrestler (i.e. olympic style)

Hakushi - his best work was a small time feud with Bret hart and then he rightly moved back to Japan

Giant Gonzalez/Nathan Jones - that walking abortion, you are just grasping at straws in this arguement

Blackbelt, it seems to me you are taking this way to personally - I was merely pointing out the fundamnetal flaws and making discussion about your original post - which is what you wanted.

grasping at straws??....i think not and i'm not taking it personally either.taka and funaki still made it to wwe and were light heavyweight champions.

giant gonzalez from argentina got into wwf feuding with undertaker.
    nikolai volkoff made it to wwf and is russian.forget the fact he was an amateur wrestler.he still trained and got there.he tagged with hacksaw jim duggan and was part of the million dollar corporation.regardless,he made it and had some good matches.nathan jones still got there regardless of what you think of him..I think its you who's grasping at straws here when you call nathan jones and giant gonzalez a walking abortion.maybe your trying to forget the fact they are not american/canadian by putting them down which is not the issue here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Firstly,

As a member of IwW's wrestling school for the last year, and a member of there staff for more then that, I would like to say I am amused by black belts comments, but not in a degrading sence.

Firstly, Thanks for compairing me to Eddie Gurrerio :p As much as I would love to believe this, I can only hope to be that good some day, some people, no matter how much they train can reach the status that guys like Eddie are at.

When I first joined IwW, I was, like Blackbelt, very excited, and thaught I knew it all after learning how to reverse a wrist lock. That, Im sure happens to every young trainee that ventures through the doors of any wrestling school any where in the world. But the more you train, the more it will dawn on you that you really know nothing, and I talking about myself here. When our teachers say they are still learning from day to day, believe it, and think about it.

I will agree with the point blackbelt is trying to make. We have all heard horror stories about schools all over the world, but thats a small persentage, and CAN NOT be rationalised.

I know you mean well balck belt, but you still have alot to learn. Im not talking about your wrestling skill, that will come with training. Im talking about your behaviour and professionalism. You know who I am. We will have a friendly chat at the IwW gym next week.

Also, thanks to everyone for not turning this topic in to a flame. I like these heated discussions. We all learn from them

Hanza/Red Vinny

giant gonzalez got into wcw and wrestled badly under the moniker "el gigante" for a few years before getting to wwe where he proved to be a monumental failure and was swiftly released (even undertaker couldn't get a good match out of him) Nathan jones was infamous in Oz (criminal hardman) and did some MMA (i think) which got him a foot in the door. Both of these guys were terrible performers and workers, Jones quit on an australian tour and gonzalez broke his leg and was fired, both were useless "walking gimmicks" that didn't work and were flushed pretty quick so I think the term walking abortions is fitting here

But anyway Nikolai Volkoff was valuable precisely cos he could play the russian during the cold war/rock and wrestling days, just like hassan he was playing the national heel.

Are you seeing a connection here? They were all playing parts that wwe could market very easily and that couldn't be fulfilled by other american/canadian candidates. They were unique. I can't be sure but does anyone on the IWW roster stand out like this?

If IWW workers could stand out in this way and provide something that wwe couldn't find in indy feds then maybe they would be able to do as you hope. However I don't think this is the case at the moment. You mention iww wrestlers developing great gimmicks, unfortunatly WWE doesn't usuallly take wrestlers & gimmicks, they take the wrestler and repackage them so that they have total control and so in order to make it in wwe an irish worker would have to prove that they are "soo" much better than an american worker without their gimmick and due to the burgeoning status of the Irish Pro Wrestling industry I don't think that Irish workers are in that position yet.

Another thing about Nicolai, Nathan and gonzales is that they were all physically very big, and in the case of gonzalez huge guys. Irish people are not as big as americans, our sports don't create bulked up athletes and if you look at the wwes roster you will see that most of the wrestlers are either 6 foot+ or built like brick shíthouses. Those that are smaller are underutilised. Where woud the IWW guys fare in this?

*I'd just like to state here now that i'm not being anti-iww, would rather go to an iww show than smackdown.

I was going to reply to blackbelt's last post - but I would have just repeated what I earlier said.

And as for Nathan Jones and Gonzalez being called wrestlers and having made it - :eek:

Gonzalez feuded with the Undertaker - yeah and those matches were really pretty and nice to look at

Nathan Jones - all hype, no delivery

Those two did not make it - making it, IMO would mean making a career out of something that you derive pleasure from doing, day in and day out - I am sure the Heretic will agree with me to a certain degree on that point.

Blackbelt - I will gladly dispute with you some more at any given time, but please lets change direction, I dont want to keep going in circles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gothic Warrior

blackbelt wrote:
    nikolai volkoff made it to wwf and is russian.

He wasn't Russian you douchebag. How can you call yourself a wrestler when you have only been training for a week or so, and you clearly mistake gimmicks for reality? I suppose Nailz was just out of prison too, and Big Bossman was his prison guard in Cobb County prison? Or maybe Yokozuna was from Japan?

RE: the rest of your posts - I won't even dignify them with a reply, they're so god damn stupid.

He wasn't Russian you douchebag. How can you call yourself a wrestler when you have only been training for a week or so, and you clearly mistake gimmicks for reality? I suppose Nailz was just out of prison too, and Big Bossman was his prison guard in Cobb County prison? Or maybe Yokozuna was from Japan?

RE: the rest of your posts - I won't even dignify them with a reply, they're so god damn stupid.

Uhm Nikolai Volkoff was Russian, or more accurately Lithuanian

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/n/nikolai-volkoff.html

His parnter Boris Zukhov was American in real life and Ludvig Borga was Finnish

• Advertisement

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Uhm Nikolai Volkoff was Russian, or more accurately Lithuanian

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/n/nikolai-volkoff.html

His parnter Boris Zukhov was American in real life and Ludvig Borga was Finnish

now "gothic warrior"....where do you think nikolai volkoff came from?.....your asshole?

i think ph3nom and the other people that replied to my posts have respect for the point im trying to get across and argue.you on the other hand symbolise stupidity by what you say...."won't dignify it with a response".you won't because i'd mop the ploor with you in this argument

and another thing gothic warrior,

your the one who is supposing here.bossman was really a prison guard in cobb county,Georgia.i don't take gimmicks and mix them up with reality.im not sure about nailz and his background.i never researched info on him.you got stung with saying nikolai volkoff wasn't from russia so go ahead and make more assumptions about gimmicks and reality and stats of wrestlers.

by the way,i don't call myself a full blown wrestler.i stated i am a TRAINEE wrestler.let me run that by you in case you didn't understand the first time...TRAINEE WRESTLER.

do you want a definition because i'd be glad to give you one in my words.

trainee wrestler: an individual who is currently training to become a pro wrestler.

now let me offer you some advice.think about what you are going to say before you say it otherwise you'll look like a fool.

blackbelt wrote:
    you got stung with saying nikolai volkoff wasn't from russia so go ahead and make more assumptions

He's from Lithuania.

at the time he was wrestling wasn't lithuania part of the USSR, more commonly known to americans as russia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

:mad: Gothic Warrior, behave please.

This was a heated discussion, and its quickly becoming a flame (Which was obviously gonna happen). If some one has the wrong information, correct them, dont result to childish insults, have a little respect will you?

Ph3n0m wrote:
    their chances of it happening were little to none - since at the moment and in the past, you have to wrestle in America to get noticed as again "the overflowing pot of already existing wrestlers in America is immense" - please read the preceeding line carefully and understand the point I have made several times.

Paul Birchall recently got signed by WWE to a development contract in OVW. This happened last October, when WWE were in the UK.

Advertisement