Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[article] Adventures of a Sinn Fein "Campiagn Team"

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

you see, you just ignored the Criminal Justice Bill, people just don't want to deal with it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

foxybrowne wrote:
    you see, you just ignored the Criminal Justice Bill, people just don't want to deal with it!

I am quite happy with the Criminal justice bill. I am not a criminal and I have nothing to fear. The bill is introduced by a properly elected government, answerable to the people, in full view.

I am less happy about the private army which is allied to one particular party
    ( an armalite in one hand and a ballot box in the other ) and which has been responsible for numerous crimes and atrocities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

I would be interested to hear as to which part of the bill you are happy with.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

You'd be better off starting a separate thread on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

true wrote:
    I am not a criminal and I have nothing to fear.

I hope you're not concluding the latter from the former, because that would be dangerously flawed logic when discussing a system who's express purpose is to remove the very transparency in a legal system which would allow you to make that conclusion safely.

jc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

AmenToThat wrote:
    May I suggest you target the under 12's (the voters and leaders of the future) as I feel your style of humour is best suited to that age group.
    Seems to be quiet popular here as well btw......................

ah have a sense of humour i tought it was quite funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭AmenToThat

cdebru wrote:
    ah have a sense of humour i tought it was quite funny

I never said he or you for that matter didnt have a sense of humour.
    I was just imply that the humour was very juvenile in nature.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

mycroft wrote:
    Thats weak. That is in fact pathetic.

Somewhat like what I thought of your argument before I was told that the reasons why you won’t answer my questions is your own business.
    Victor wrote:
    You're not honestly suggesting that the garda intelligence be shared in open court, are you?

Yes, yes I am. Openly presenting evidence is one part of how people are supposed to be convicted of any crime. Hidden evidence is as good as hearsay in open court.
    NO. The measure we're (or if you like I) setting is that an organisation that runs a REAL Kangaroo court should not be allowed to criticise, in any way, the operation of the SCC, or demand for it to be shut down. The SCC can cease to exist as soon as the cause of its existance, the IRA, is shut down - as it should already be.

The thing is, I am not the IRA, and I do not support the IRA’s kangaroo courts.
    And on the issue of Video links, tell me how many courts in the world used video link technology in 1970? Ther's plenty now, but the technology's a lot cheaper.

> looks at computer’s clock and date
    > year shows 2005

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

monument wrote:
    Somewhat like what I thought of your argument before I was told that the reasons why you won’t answer my questions is your own business.

You were asking me a philosophical question. I asked you a pratical question on how you thought anonymous juries would work. You can't because if you asked yourself honestly you know it would be impossible.

cdebru, I've spoken to a criminal solicitor, and he tells me in the UK it would be unlikely if not impossible to eposse a life sentence for a similar death.

I'm going to do research to back this up, when i have a moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ok Closing this thread as it appears to have run its course.

Mycroft & cdebru you can continue your discussion via PM.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement