Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Single text question.

Options
  • 21-02-2005 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Most people here seem to have done the paper i'm getting- it has both dickinson and boland in the poetry. Can anyone remember what the question on Wuthering Heights was? It's the other choice besides Hamlet, Circle of friends etc. It's really important that i get it coz we havent done our comparative yet so i'm down marks already.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

I got my paper back today (not the results though :( ) it was:
    (i) "Even when we are most critical of Heathcliff, Emily Bronte ensures our sympathy by reminding us of his suffering."
    Write a response to this view of Heathcliff, supporting your answer by reference to the text.

OR

(ii) "Bronte, in her novel Wuthering Heights, uses the double narrator method."
    Evaluate the roles of both Lockwood and Nelly Dean as narrators, supporting the points you make by reference to the text.

Thats really awful about not having the comparative done, I can't believe a teacher would leave out 70 marks like that. If you know what those texts are, try to get them read through once before the exam and take a stab at the question, you'll at least pick up a few marks and check out skoool.ie for pointers on how to answer the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

For what it's worth, we had the comparative done and I still left it out because all I had prepared for my mock was Theme & Issue which didn't come up, Genre is poxy so I think I'll just get V&V done and leave it alone. Silly section of the course anyway, or maybe that's just my teacher's choice of texts. Ah well, they're only mocks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

Bob wrote:
    all I had prepared for my mock was Theme & Issue which didn't come up

Me too, I just winged it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭[RS] Finch*

yeah i was the same, i had only studied kabanagh and yeats for the poetry sectrion, and wen they didnt come up i bs'd 4 1/2 pages on dickinson

Advertisement