Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does After school study work?

• 21-02-2005 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

Im about to start after school study on thursday and I was hoping that maybe some people that have done their JC could let me know if it helped them along the way.

Does It Work?? 5 votes

Yes, definetely
    0% 0 votes
    No, not worth the E120 you've just forked out fitzy.
    100% 5 votes
    didn't do it
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭MB44

no its crap u just get really distracted if your mates are in the same study group and in the end u get no study done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

darn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Worked for my leaving, not for my junior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Droogie

I did it for my Junior Cert and I found that it helped...

I used to get my homework done and as the exams drew near, I satrted to srudy for them... Mine was and still is 2 and a half hours but I would find it a lot harded without it...

Just ignore your mates and get your work done. I know that that sounds hard but you'll get to talk to them afterwards.... Give it a good go.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Yeah it helps a lot, for a start you get all your homework done, and then, provided it's supervised well, you have a quiet time where even if you don't want to, you are so bored that you'll study. I did it for 3 hours after school every day except thursdays when I had soccer training and a Latin class after school and tuesday where I did half of it because of a Latin class.

Oh and don't bring CD Players etc. into study, it's a temptation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

I start tomorrow, yeah its supervised, goes on for 1 and a half hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭[RS] Finch*

after school study is only worthwhile if you concentrate and dont get distracted by mates, sit well away from them, if u gonna listen to music make sure its relaxing, not ****ing nirvana, or.........Finch!

nah seriously, only worthwhile if u put the effort in to it, and btw, no matter what ur teachers and parents say to you about these exams following u around for the rest of ur life, theyre wrong. JC is only practice for the LC. no college will look at ur JC results, assuming u didnt drop out of school. so relax and dont stress, you will all do fine with a bit of study.

Advertisement