Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAS Wireless Broadband Inflight!

• 21-02-2005 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

I'm creating this thread using wireless broadband inflight to Seattle with SAS. I am currently 36000ft above NE Canda, no outage yet. I'm also connected to by VPN at work. Amazing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

PoolDude wrote:
    I'm creating this thread using wireless broadband inflight to Seattle with SAS. I am currently 36000ft above NE Canda, no outage yet. I'm also connected to by VPN at work. Amazing.

That's cool! :cool: Hope you landed safely. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

That's pretty cool.. Normally they have very limited access on flights. Have a safe trip.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

deadly :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Akula

was there a charge?

only available in business class?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

Landed safely - Thx.

It was available in all classes although there are power outlet in Business aswell. Cost was $30 for the full flight (mine was 10 hours to Seattle) or an alternative of $10 for 30 minutes plus .25c there after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

There is only one word for this ................... deadly !!!!!!!

Hey messenger still working at that height? ....................... thought its clapped out after 50 ft.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

Worked Fine, I was IM'ing my wife using Window Messenger during the flight and my boss fly yesterday and he was IM'ing me from mid flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I did my thesis on this area... very interesting research indeed...

Check out http://www.connexionbyboeing.com

Advertisement