Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIN Update

• 21-02-2005 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Okay, so over the past week or so a lot has happened with NIN's upcoming album "With Teeth". A low quality copy was stolen from the Video Shoot for the first single "The Hand That Feeds" and copys of it were sent to various radio stations around the U.S, some played it and some were a hoax in order to get more listeners, however the radio stations that played "The Hand That Feeds" have gotten in trouble for it. A low quality version of "The Hand That Feeds" has been leaked onto various P2P programs, and just recently another Track from "With Teeth" entitled "The Line Begins To Blur"

And another tidbit of news is That "With Teeth will be released in Japan on April 27th, one week prior to release for the rest of the world. aswell as a regular edition there will be a limited edition issued also availible to pre-order through Tower Records in Japan. The Limited Edition Set will contain the CD + A DVD and a 40 page color booklet. The limited edition DVD will also include alternative versions of some songs, and some movies from "With Teeth" itself.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Any news on a European tour? Summer festivals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Nine Inch Nails will be performng at London at The
    Astoria prior to the release new album.

WEDNESDAY MARCH 30TH & THURSDAY MARCH 31ST, 2005
    @ THE ASTORIA

Tickets for both of these shows will not go on sale to the general public
    until Saturday January 22nd, 2005, at 9:00am"

They will also be performing at the Area 4 festival, Southside Festival and Hurricane Festival, all in Germany, they will also be playing in France on the 22nd of June, Tickets go on sale 3rd March for the French Tour date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Ah well, since there's no real tour update remember those shows are well sold out.

EDIT: OK, that's much better, they'll be back in June. I'll be sure to catch one of their shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Dammit stop torturing me with these threads! :mad:

If they don't announce a date over here I'll definitely be flying over to London to see them. Er that is assuming more London shows are announced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

..and they now have Aaron North amongst their ranks.

Legend

• Advertisement

*****UPDATE******

new promo pictures for With Teeth has just been released (these aren't even an hour old!)

feb_promo1.jpg

feb_promo2.jpg

feb_promo3.jpg

as strange as it may seem, the pictures posted above have been mysteriously dissappeared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

have you heard the mp3's? i fell at the hands of bittorrent. i searched for something completely different, but there they were, mocking me. i had to.

the single is practically inaudable but from what i can get from the whole 64kbps file is quite nice, and catchy. the other song was perfect cd quality, and apparently was leaked by someone in the nin camp to make sure people don't think the album is "pop".

anyway, everyone go to nin.com's "access" page and write to trent - begging him to come to ireland. :)

All dates will go into this post

3_31_05 london_uk astoria SOLD OUT
    5_01_05 indio_ca coachella on sale now
    6_10_05 scheesel_germany hurricane festival on sale now
    6_12_05 tuttlingen_germany southside festival on sale now
    6_14_05 vienna_austria outdoor arena on sale: monday, march 7th, 9am
    6_15_05 berlin_germany columbiahalle on sale: friday, march 4th, 9am
    6_22_05 paris_france zenith on sale: wednesday, march 2nd, 9am
    6_24_05 interlaken_switzerland greenfield festival on sale now
    6_25_05 oberhausen_germany area 4 festival on sale now
    6_29_05 barcelona_spain razzmatazz on sale: thursday, march 3rd, 9am
    7_04_05 london_uk brixton academy on sale: wednesday, march 2nd, 4pm
    7_07_05 glasgow_scotland barrowland on sale: wednesday, march 2nd, 9am
    7_08_05 birmingham_uk academy on sale: wednesday, march 2nd, 4pm
    7_10_05 manchester_uk apollo on sale: wednesday, march 2nd, 4pm
    - June 2nd: Mexico City, Mexico, Sports Palace, tickets on sale February

No, I haven't heard the MP3's and I dont plan to, that would be stealing from Trent, and I'm not going to do that. Plus I think it would ruin the feel of the album because not all of it would be new to me, elimanating the purpose of calling it a NEW album

Damn no Irish date yet :(. Still my fingers are crossed.

Now there's a dilemma; to buy a ticket for the London show in just over a week when they go on sale or to wait in hope that an Irish date will appear. Because those English dates will certainly sell out fast. If I don't act I could end up missing the chance altogether.

Ack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Hmmm, Ireland overlooked? It'll be early July if ever, so I'll be away anyway. :mad:

Heres a new Picture for everybody, It looks like really hard work

2-23-05.jpg

incredible rig. wouldn't you kill for that kind of equipment?

Anyone recognise the software he's using? I heard Trent Reznor is a big fan of ProTools.

The reason why there are 3 huge blanks with X's as pictures is because the pictures I posted aren't supposed to be out yet.

Rolling Stones has published an article about NIN's With Teeth

NINE INCH NAILS
    Trent Reznor proves that his bite is as vicious as his bark, with a little help from Dave Grohl
    WITH TEETH Due out May 3rd
    "I had plenty of life experience to draw from while working on this record," says Nine Inch Nails mastermind Trent Reznor of his first studio album in six years. "I was getting sane while the world was going crazy."

The follow-up to 1999's The Fraglie bristles with as much aggression as anything in the NIN catalog while adding more live drumming into the mix, couresty of honorary Nailsman Dave Grohl. "I wrote some of these tracks with a Grohl-esque performance in mind," says Reznor. "I asked him if he was into it and that was that."

Stellar tracks include "Only" which boasts a "Billie Jean" beat and spoken word vocals that evoke Prince, and "The hand that feeds" (the first single) which combines a guitar assault with new wave-y keyboards. Says Reznor, "This record is probably more honest than anything I've done."

plazzTT wrote:
    Anyone recognise the software he's using? I heard Trent Reznor is a big fan of ProTools.
    that is protools btw

he bitched about it a few years ago and someone (chris vrenna) brought him around :)

more tour dates, all western.

4/27: San Francisco, CA (The Warfield)
    4/28: San Francisco, CA (The Warfield)
    4/30: Las Vegas, NV (The Joint)
    5/3: Denver, CO (Fillmore Theatre)
    5/4: Denver, CO (Fillmore Theatre)
    5/6: Chicago, IL (Congress Theatre)
    5/7: Chicago, IL (Congress Theatre)
    5/9: Toronto, ONT (Koolhaus)
    5/10: Toronto, ONT (Koolhaus)
    5/12: Boston, MA (Orpheum Theatre)
    5/13: Boston, MA (Orpheum Theatre)
    5/15: NY, NY (Hammerstein Ballroom)
    5/16: NY, NY (Hammerstein Ballroom)
    5/18: Philly, PA (Electric Factory)
    5/19: Philly, PA (Electric Factory)
    5/21: Atlanta, GA (Tabernacle)
    5/22: Atlanta, GA (Tabernacle)
    5/24: Houston, TX (Verizon Wireless Theatre)
    5/25: Austin, TX (Stubbs Bar-B-Q)
    5/27: Phoenix, AZ (Marquee Theatre)
    5/28: Phoenix, AZ (Marquee Theatre)
    5/30: San Diego, CA (Soma)
    5/31: San Diego, CA (Soma)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Numina wrote:
    No, I haven't heard the MP3's and I dont plan to, that would be stealing from Trent, and I'm not going to do that.

Why don't you just buy an "I am an idiot hat" and wear it everywhere you go? Downloading mp3s and buying the album when it comes out IS supporting the artist - as long as you DO buy it.
    Plus I think it would ruin the feel of the album because not all of it would be new to me, elimanating the purpose of calling it a NEW album

Fair enough I suppose. The radio recorded-across-the-room one is awful (ie. barely legible). "The line begins to blur" is awesome though. Trent announced that With Teeth would be going back old school raw stuff, but judging from these leaks its a more industrial version of The Fragile. Still good, but I was hoping for more TDS type emotion.

Numina wrote:
    more tour dates, all western.

They play in San Diego the day before I arrive there on a J1. :mad: I'll miss their European tour too.

"Gutted." :(

• Advertisement

The International release date For the single "The Hand That Feeds" is April 11th

for the love of god. all these countries getting an nin show... except us :(

tickets for the New York, Atlanta, Philly, Chicago and Toronto (etc) shows. As of 4:03pm, "no tickets available" for these shows. As it would appear, the original amount of tickets allocated to for the pre-sale have been "sold out". This could be an error in the ticketing system, or scalpers have rather efficient networks with figuring out these pre-sales. Gladly the pressale tickets were only 10% of the total tickets available for those shows.

and theres been some confusion over the tickets for english tour dates, The tickets that were supposed to go on sale today was switched to saturday last night but the NIN website are still saying wednesday

Indeed, The Entire Album has now been leaked online, thats just great.....

Are you sure?

There's a report of a new fake on Soulseek.

Two more dates for the Brixton academy in London have been added.

If I had a first born child right now I'd sell it to have an Irish date announced.

Bah.

"Beside You In Time" has now leaked. That makes 4. (although one is a crap radio rip)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Drevin Fairy

..and they now have Aaron North amongst their ranks.

Legend

Way too cool for the 'Line
    Anyone else think hes goodlooking???

New pictures of Trent

trent2.jpg

metrent.jpg

• Advertisement

031005_matrix.jpg

Advertisement