Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIN Update

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Link here to a loop of the chorus of Track 1 from the album "All The Love in The World":
    http://www.sp1at.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=641

The Hand That Feeds was played on Zane Lowe's show on BBC Radio 1 today. Much better quality recording of it here than the one that leaked a few weeks ago.

From RealPlayer, open this URL:
    rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/radio1/zane_mon.ra

and jump to 13mins 20sec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

plazzTT wrote:
    The Hand That Feeds was played on Zane Lowe's show on BBC Radio 1 today. Much better quality recording of it here than the one that leaked a few weeks ago.

From RealPlayer, open this URL:
    rtsp://rmv8.bbc.net.uk/radio1/zane_mon.ra

and jump to 13mins 20sec.

Thanks for the link
    Listening to it right now. Doesn't sound to bad i guess. Looking forward to hearing the full album. Zane is a bit of a nob though>

davej

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Now I'll listen to The Hand That Feeds because Its officially on The Radio

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

http://nin.com/visuals/thtf_hi.html

quicktime video of the new video, pretty big file so it could take a while to download even on broadband.

flogen

• Advertisement

I hope that that will be the actual promo video used for the single. Although it could be just a teaser video of them in the studio.

I really like the camera pans in it, reminds me of Radiohead's video for Idioteque.

You can save it to your hardrive by right-clicking -> Save Target As on this link:

http://boss.streamos.com/download/interscope/nin/with_teeth/video/nin_the_hand_that_feeds_hi.mov

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

plazzTT wrote:
    I hope that that will be the actual promo video used for the single. Although it could be just a teaser video of them in the studio.

I really like the camera pans in it, reminds me of Radiohead's video for Idioteque.

You can save it to your hardrive by right-clicking -> Save Target As on this link:

http://boss.streamos.com/download/interscope/nin/with_teeth/video/nin_the_hand_that_feeds_hi.mov

Nice one for that plazz, it's a nice video, better than We're In This Together anyway... and Deep (shudder)

flogen

I'm too lazy right now to write all this in my own words so I'll just copy+paste

[WITH_TEETH] RELEASE INFORMATION

Friday
    3.18.05 Sonic Seducer interview. 14:20
    An interview with Trent has appeared in German magazine Sonic Sound in which he discusses the 5 track promo tape released to the media, the recording process, and the struggles he faced with his health that prevented him from finishing the album:

"It took a while until the disk was ready for release, although the actual production phase was the shortest I've ever needed. I simply needed time out to get a grip on myself as a person and to feel good in my own skin again, to get to know myself again. I worked hard, took this metamorphosis of mine seriously, until finally my head was clear enough again to write music. Besides, I didn't want to take the risk of failing by heading out too soon and possibly discovering that I am a lousy composer."
    You can find the whole interview translated into English here.

Thanks to Lydia at the readthrough forum for providing the interview transcription, h6a6t6e for the song analysis transcription, Justin for the interview translation and drugprfct for the song analysis translation. Additional thanks go to Greg, Frameleader, and Z.

NIN confirmed for Summersonic! 11:49
    The official Summersonic website has been updated to show Nine Inch Nails as the headlining act (alongside Oasis) for the August 13th/14th Osaka/Tokyo festival in Japan.
    updated by saturnine discuss submit news
    Photek talks about THTF remix. 03:38
    Sp1at.com has managed to grab yet another exclusive interview with someone connected to the new NIN album. This time it's Photek! He talks about the different sounds of the remixes, and also reveals that he works on production of "All the Love in the World". Go take a look!
    updated by saturnine discuss submit news

Thursday
    3.17.05 Dresden Dolls talk about the upcoming tour. 15:57
    Amanda Palmer of the Dresden Dolls recently spoke to Billboard.com about the upcoming tour with NIN.
    She said that the "first inkling we got that something might happen was when Trent called to get on the guest list for our last show in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, he was ill and couldn't make it."

She went on to say that "It's easy to like this band. Our music is aggressive but not confrontational. I think there's a lot of common threads running through [both bands]."

NIN at Summer Sonic in Japan *update* 13:27
    The official Summer Sonic line-up is being released in a very slick manner. The festival is taking place in Toyko and Osaka on August 13th and 14th 2005. On the website, the bands names are being unveiled letter-by-letter. Check out the site to take a look. According to the site, a band known as "?I?E ?N?? ?A???" is playing.
    This comes straight from bigboss at sp1at.

**Update**
    Summer Sonic's website now lists that Nine Inch Nails is definitely playing at this years festival.

updated by paul discuss submit news
    More Manchester tickets available. 11:00
    Ticketmaster has made more tickets available for the July 10th/11th Manchester dates. If you haven't got them, and you need them, here's your chance.
    Thank you Fraser!

The Hand That Feeds video on nin.com 02:01
    We have received a number of emails mentioning an update in the current section of nin.com featuring what appears to be rehearsal footage of the new band performing The Hand That Feeds, dubbed with a high quality version of the studio version of the track. It's a 35mb download, so please be patient when downloading.
    3/18 UPDATE:
    No word on whether this is the official, promotional video or not, as last we heard, Ian Inaba shot scenes for an entirely different video concept - which was possibly going to be at least partially animated. Information from that shoot came from several different legitimate sources -- and apparently so did the first leak of The Hand That Feeds, so while it did actually happen, it's hard to know if that video concept has been scrapped or not.

updated by leviathant discuss submit news

Wednesday
    3.16.05 The Hand That Feeds - Digital Single 12:42
    isdfx spotted something interesting on Universal Canada's New Releases Sheet. It lists The Hand That Feeds as a Digital Single getting released on Tuesday, March 22nd. Presumably, this means North America will be able to purchase the track (tracks?) from iTunes. Thanks to MonotoneCrusader for looking stuff up for me.
    ***UPDATE***
    According to a representative of Universal Canada, the track will be available from Puretracks.com, iTunes Canada, Napster Canada, and Archambaultzik.ca. Thanks again to isdfx

The Hand That Feeds will be released in the following formats.

4-Track Limited Edition Digipak (Only available for the first 2 weeks).
    2-Track slimline.
    DVD single (I'm not sure what this means. Exclusive footage??)
    9" Vinyl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

LOL!

I think you should use your own webspace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Rofl.

You should get rid of those pics now Numina if you want to avoid a banning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

*cough* I'd have to agree. Might want to get those pictures off pretty sharpish!

I can get banned for that, aw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You would only get banned if you put them up like that on purpose.

Yeah if it was a mistake they'll be lenient. Anyway they're gone now, you should be safe :p .

but just to be safe... ITS THE FED'S!!!! CHEESE IT!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

****ing hell Numina! Being a mod, I can still see posts you've deleted, and *I WAS ****ING WELL EATING MY DINNER!*

now I'm too horny to finish it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

what pics did he have posted?

has the album really been leaked? where? lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

9" vinyl single? What an odd sizing. Better flex my purchasing muscles soon and get this stuff. Is the single out yet?

evad_lhorg wrote:
    what pics did he have posted?
    You really don't want to know.

I think the single is out in April, John2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ilac

The 18th of April...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

thanks, be getting those and adding them to the NIN library

Big updates in on nin.com today. The "current" and "access" pages have lots of new info, including the album cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 abaddon1666

here is what trent had to say on the hand that feeds vid.
    questions2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

with_teeth_cover.jpg
    album cover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

I managed to get hold of 'The Hand that feeds'. It sounds like it could have been on Pretty Hate Machine and i like it. I like it alot.

A (reportedly very good quality) recording was made of the first show of the new tour (Fresno, CA on March 23rd)

Here's a torrent to a lossless FLAC of it. I'm afraid it's 511MB, but I'm sure the quality is great.

http://s25.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3UK3BXETPZ4KP3VUWF1EPMFX6X

The setlist:

Disc 1:
    01. Intro 01:03.34
    02. Know What You Are 03:49.33
    03. Love Is Not Enough 03:33.22
    04. March Of The Pigs 03:50.10
    05. Line Begins To Blur 03:52.60
    06. Piggy 04:39.19
    07. Terrible Lie 04:59.10
    08. The Collector 03:33.71
    09. Closer 04:55.15
    10. Home 03:45.41

Total: 38:02.15

Disc 2:
    11. Burn 04:57.54
    12. Gave Up 04:21.48
    13. With Teeth 06:07.62
    14. Even Deeper 05:49.45
    15. Hurt 04:49.21
    16. Wish 03:44.49
    17. The Hand That Feeds 03:37.16
    18. Star****ers Inc. 05:16.42
    19. Head Like A Hole 05:45.21

Total: 44:29.58

You can now Pre-order The Hand That Feeds and With Teeth on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ilac

But there's still no plans to play here, is there??

• Advertisement

No, not yet.

I think they're coming back to the UK in autumn so maybe an Irish date will be announced with those.

Trent Reznor will be on Gonzo on MTV2 (9pm) either tomorrow or next week.

Advertisement