Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIN Update

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

So did anyone see CD:UK? Unfortunately I missed it, I will try to catch the repeat though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Creature wrote:
    So did anyone see CD:UK? Unfortunately I missed it, I will try to catch the repeat though.

Torrent: http://www.must-suck.net/torrents/nine_inch_nails-the_hand_that_feeds_(at_cduk_09-04-05)-dvb_source.mpg.torrent

It's 96MB, and it's MPEG-2, so you'll need to play it in DVD software probably (PowerDVD or something). Videolan VLC player played it grand for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Nice one plazz. I guess this is the closest I'm gonna get to seeing NiN live this year :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭funeral_forever

ragh i was watching the television last sat morning and it has a show called cduk which plays rnb and stuff like that but nin was on it i was well suprised? mmm weird!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

ragh i was watching the television last sat morning and it has a show called cduk which plays rnb and stuff like that but nin was on it i was well suprised? mmm weird!
    you haven't been "in the loop" have you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭funeral_forever

you haven't been "in the loop" have you?

haha no sorry 4 interupting tho x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Okay, I know I said it a page or so ago, BUT! this time its for real, With Teeth has been leaked. (PS. I've pre-ordered THTF, YEAH!)

Yes, it does look like its for real this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

plazzTT wrote:
    Yes, it does look like its for real this time.

Its the real deal. Its good, but I expected something better. No doubt it'll grow on me. And in case anyone is wondering - yes, I will buy it when it comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

HAhahahaaa.ly no 100. Always wanted to do this. :D

• Advertisement

^^^ can't you get modded for doing that???

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

just got it now.... interesting start to it...
    (I will be buying it too, by the way... maybe twice if I find it on vinyl too)

ok, after a few listens to it it's really growing on me, wasn't sure of it at first but now I like it.
    What I will say is to expect something different, this is nothing like TDS, PHM, Broken or The Fragile, saying that it has brief bits that sound like each album, as well as a reference or two to them.
    After hearing the teaser for Every Day... I was really excited about hearing it, and at first I was disapointed but now I like it, made me think instantly of 1984.. don't like the spoken bit though!

With_Teeth is now in stores, but not on display or on sale, but some are putting them behind the counter, so when you walk into virgin, or HMV, With_Teeth could be a metre away from you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i really like the first and last songs!

At first listen, "All The Love in the World", "Only", and "Right Where It Belongs" really stood out.

The rest of the album is really growing on me since then. My least favourite one is "You Know What What You Are?"

Thanks for the spoilers! on another note, I got The Hand That Feeds digipak, DVD and Vinyl, and a free poster which is smaller than an A4 page, any questions about the singles?

Numina wrote:
    Thanks for the spoilers! on another note, I got The Hand That Feeds digipak, DVD and Vinyl, and a free poster which is smaller than an A4 page, any questions about the singles?

yeah, where did you get it? I was looking around town on thursday to no joy.

Anyway, the album certainly grew on my, a few tracks that I didn't think much of at first (like sunspots) are now some of my favourites on the album... I see The Collector as the Man With a Big Gun of this CD, an okish track with dodgy lyrics and one usually skipped. Dont you Know What You Are? is alright, but by no means my favorite. All The Love In The World is a great track, hand that feeds is a good single, Only has a brilliant beat/synth to it, Everyday... is one of my favourites too, simply for the chorus. Getting Smaller is ok, a good tune but nothing amazing.

All in all I see this as a pretty good album (sometimes great) which isn't groundbreaking but is fresh. Plenty of surprises in it, and a good start for a sober Reznor!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Still waiting on the single to be delivered

You can now stream The Hand That Feeds, Only, Everyday is Exactly The Same and Right Where It Belongs at Bestbuy.com. heres the direct link
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat58700050008&dcmp=rdr0000019

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Boo-urns to streaming. I can wait for the album to come out and listen to it properly.

I didn't know that it's only a week until With_Teeth is released, it seems so much longer!

John2 wrote:
    Boo-urns to streaming. I can wait for the album to come out and listen to it properly.

Same here. I'm not going to download the higher quality rip that came out recently, I'm going to wait to buy it.

only a few days to go. what's the chances the shops'll put it on the shelves this weekend? (it's what they typically do...)

also, more streaming...
    http://www.myspace.com/ninofficial

apparently it's official. but i still refuse to listen :)

I think most stuff is released here on the Friday beforehand if Monday is given as the UK release date?

But the UK release date is Tuesday, I'll still try for it on Friday though.

I've just heard the 3 Japanese bonus tracks.
    "Home" is the B-side to The Hand That Feeds I think, I'm not too big on it to be honest. It's also included on the 12" LP version of the album.
    "Right Where It Belongs V.2" is a (very) stripped down version. The vocals are re-recorded (I think) with very little else going on. Sounds like the kind of recordings on "Still". It's very good, but not as good as the original IMO.
    The final bonus track is "The Hand That Feeds (Ruff Mix)". Name says it all I think, it's a much "heavier" version of THTF. As good as the original.

Where did you hear the 3 bonus tracks???

This is the most awesome thing I've come across in a while!!! NIN Radio, NIN all the time, including bootlegged shows.

http://shoutcast.com/sbin/shoutcast-playlist.pls?rn=744604&file=filename.pls

and tracklisting: http://gamester.net/wudini/nin.htm

hasn't NIN radio been around for a while? i remember either that one or another one ages ago, spawned out of kmfdm radio..

The waiting is nearly over. Both HMV and Virgin in Cork told me yesterday that With Teeth is out on Friday (tomorrow!) in Ireland.

plazzTT wrote:
    The waiting is nearly over. Both HMV and Virgin in Cork told me yesterday that With Teeth is out on Friday (tomorrow!) in Ireland.

*drool*
    and what timing, tomorrow being pay-day and all!

• Advertisement

If thats true, I will post a video of me soiling myself (Not really, but thats how I feel about it)

Advertisement