Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIN Update

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

What size does Trent intend the poster to be printed at? I thought maybe A3 cause the majority of people would have real trouble getting it printed any bigger. Heh, I don't even know where I can print it in A3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I didn't get a chance yesterday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY Micheal Trent Reznor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Yeah, you know he can't go a day without reading the NIN update thread on boards :p

you're damn right he can't! lol

Okay, some fantastic news and some medium news

Medium news; NIN were meant to be playing THTF's at the VMA's but wanted a huge backdrop picture of George W. MTV wouldn't allow it and NIN wouldn't change it, so NIN pulled out

Great News; (This could be a lie made up by Meathead, but what the hell!) The Trent Vs. Malm lawsuit is over and Treznor won! so that means that Closure on DVD is soon to be released!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭fortysixand2

:eek:

*immediately crosses multiple body parts hoping it's true*

Good, my Closure tapes are a bit worn at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

I've a 700MB file here called Rated R. It's a DVD-Rip, but it was recorded to DVD from VHS. Is this the Closure VHS or something different?

plazzTT wrote:
    I've a 700MB file here called Rated R. It's a DVD-Rip, but it was recorded to DVD from VHS. Is this the Closure VHS or something different?

If you go to NIN.com, and go to visuals, you can download the Promo for closure and check if you've got the same footage, but NIN never released anything called rated-R, so I know if a fake whatever you've got.

There was a movie made for the Broken album that was never officially released. Contained a lot of things that were too nasty for public viewing. I think some of it made it to Closure (the toilet segment) but I'm not sure if the videos for the songs Happiness in Slavery and Wish actually were a part of that original movie or not. Happiness in Slavery is a rough piece of cinema. Very rough.

• Advertisement

John2 wrote:
    There was a movie made for the Broken album that was never officially released. Contained a lot of things that were too nasty for public viewing. I think some of it made it to Closure (the toilet segment) but I'm not sure if the videos for the songs Happiness in Slavery and Wish actually were a part of that original movie or not. Happiness in Slavery is a rough piece of cinema. Very rough.

To clear this up, Music Videos for Pinion, Wish, Help Me I Am I Hell, Happiness In Slavery And Gave Up (I'm not sure if a Music Video was made for Last, but I think not). In the Broken Movie (A very graphic, albeit fake snuff film), a man is being torured slowly to death while the Music videos of the Broken EP are being played on a TV in the room where the man is being tortured, On Closure VHS, NONE of the Broken Movie made it to Closure, The Toilet Segment you are talking about is the Video for Pinion, where the camera follows the Pipes from a toilet and shows you where it ends up, (I'm not gonna spoil it for those who haven't seen it) and although People may think that Happiness In Slavery is clip from The Broken Movie, it is not.

Right so. I've never seen the broken movie so I wasn't sure.

plazzTT wrote:

Okay, I know what you've got, "NIN R (DVD closure footage and woodstock)"

lucky doorbell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

can i just clear up something, are you lot just talking about the one movie broken(the movie)?

j0e wrote:
    can i just clear up something, are you lot just talking about the one movie broken(the movie)?

Haha *Just to clear this up* there are numeroous versions of the broken movie, trent made different versions and gave one copy of each to people he knew so he would know who leaked it (A guy from The Butthole Surfers was given a copy and leaked it) and yes, we are talking about the Broken Movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭peepingtom

so .... anyone catching NIN this July? .... shame they cant make it over here ... so heading to see them in Manchester ... should be some show!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

any ideas what the differences are between the movies?

CNN are running a story on the lawsuit victory

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/01/nineinchnails.ap/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

peepingtom wrote:
    so .... anyone catching NIN this July? .... shame they cant make it over here ... so heading to see them in Manchester ... should be some show!!!

I'm heading to Paris to see the show in the Zenith.

I wonder why he's not coming here, and not giving an explanation (he's been quite forthcoming with other tour questions on the site). It seems a bit odd. I'm pretty sure NIN could sell out the Point.

The video for Only will debut tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

i liked Only better when it was on Pretty Hate Machine and called Down In It

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

skregs wrote:
    i liked Only better when it was on Pretty Hate Machine and called Down In It
    if you like "down in it" check out skinny puppy's "dig it". trent clearly had dig it in mind when working on down in it...

i'm quite familiar with their works but thanks anyway.

didnt trent say something along the lines of Dig It made him get into music in the first place?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

in fairness, while Only bears more than a passing resembelance to Down In It, it's a far better song... musically and lyrically. I love PHM, but to me that was Trent's teen-angst album and one for him to get used to the workings of a studio, nothing more.

00000.jpg

The artwork for Only, should be out on the 26th of July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Well, the references to Down In It in Only are pretty obviously deliberate to be fair. Strangely enough they didn't play Only or Every Day Is Exactly The Same on Wednesday.

In spite of that... best concert of my life to date. Trent Reznor is my god.

Ah, so Trent has gone for the 'hi-tech bubble wrap look' nice...nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

yes looks quite interesting. i'm just wondering if it harks to the big budget david "fight club" fincher video that we should expect soon ?

Did anyone manage to get the lyrics printed as a poster? Or even order one from the states?

I'd like to find out what dimensions they were...

• Advertisement

ugh, the video for Only is so terrible.

Advertisement