Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIN Update

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I think completly the opposite, I think it's an amazing video. 95% of it however is CGI. but it only adds to it, the only thing I don't like about the video is the climax at the end is represented by an apple falling, I mean, c'mon, they could have it better than an apple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

I think the video for 'Only' is pretty cool. It's quite different as far as NIN goes. Couldn't believe it when I found out how much of the video was done in 3D studio max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I've heard rumours NIN will come back to the UK (and perhaps Ireland) after they finish up the USA dates of the With Teeth tour, because Trent has been pretty blown away by the reaction of the fans in the UK.

I've loved NIN for over 12 years and never had the opportunity to see them live - I wonder did playing in the sh*thole that is the SFX in '94 put Trent off ever coming back here? - so I think I would soil myself if they did a gig in Dublin!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I'm going to the UK in September, and as far as I know Reznor has said there will be more European dates after the current leg of the tour. I'd say the UK will be included in that, and there's no way I'm going to miss them. It'll be just my luck that they don't play England again and go to Ireland instead, though. Ah well, Ryanair flights are cheap!

He did say on nin.com that he plans to play some gigs in South America now he's shot of John Malm- I think he had a very tight rein over where NIN played - so maybe he'll expand his horizons and come to Ireland.

I joined the Spiral club so I shouldn't have any trouble getting a pair of tickets AND will get to meet Trent and the band before the gig. All I need now is for them to announce a Dublin gig! heh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Geiger wrote:
    I think the video for 'Only' is pretty cool. It's quite different as far as NIN goes. Couldn't believe it when I found out how much of the video was done in 3D studio max.
    When i first heard only,i thought it was terrible.But the video would always make me leave it on,i then began to like the song.....and now i have the album

NIN have just announced shows in South America in November after the US tour, so there's hope yet for an Irish show.

hmm, Trents only been here once in 95, maybe Ireland is unappealing to him because Ireland is pretty renound for the alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭fortysixand2

Typical, just like Tori Amos he's left a 10+ year gap. He better come over :p

He has temptation all around him in every country he's touring in! He's been sober for a few years now anyway, it's not like he's only just dried out.

NIN have never played in S.America afaik. So it looks good that they've decided to play there now. I would imagine Ireland has been overlooked because of the costs involved in transporting equipment and crew here, and the fact the gig would likely be very small compared with the stadiums NIN play normally.

Fingers crossed though. They're touring for 'at least a year', so we still have til March.

Really tempted to head over to Californa for the gigs there though...

• Advertisement

So, it turns out that the Collected DVD (Seed 1) is actually being sent out now, I recieved mine in the mail today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

got mine yesterday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Numina wrote:
    So, it turns out that the Collected DVD (Seed 1) is actually being sent out now, I recieved mine in the mail today!

What's this and where do I get one?

it's a promo dvd looking at nin's video release history (gives 2-3 mins of each video, some in full [eg hand that feeds]). i signed up on nin.com (i don't quite remember but i assume it was there) the day after the album came out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Hmmm, so did I. Yet nothing I have heard. Hmmm.

EDIT: Unless you're talking about that Spiral section, then no I haven't joined :o

can't remember where i joined tbh. it was that long ago... maybe search theninhotline's archives to see where it is

Advertisement