Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Recommendation?

• 21-02-2005 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭

I know there's a recommendations thread already on the forum, but a friend of mine was specifically looking for a restaurant that would cater for a biggish group(10-15 people) and has a cocktails menu. Any suggestions?

PS: I suggested Luigi Malones to him, but he wanted somewhere else. I suppose being a cocktails gentlement, he's a bit fussy if you know what I mean :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I dunno if they have a cocktails menu but imo pizza republic gets my recommendation, excellent food, excellent prices, excellent service what more do you need?..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭iceman_2001_ie

The Mercury Lounge does food and cocktails.
    I think they will cater for an actual meal - i.e. starter, main, dessert
    I'm going Friday, so if you want I can post and let you know.
    Alternatively, call them at
    021-4222860

The Long Island does vastly superior cocktails but they only really cater for finger food. Give Dave, Shane or Joanne a shout and enquire.
    021-4273252

They are both on Washington St.
    The Mercury Lounge is opposite the Court House (the Old PI premises)
    The Long Island is opposite St. Augustine's Church (the Old Garibaldi's Premises)

Both are fantastic locations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Is Mercury Lounge where Pi used to be? Looked nice from the outside.

He's booked Luigi Malones though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I was already forced to eat there once this year. Twice is a no no.

Advertisement