Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tna???

• 21-02-2005 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Was watching it last week on Sky. Whats with the 6 sided ring on TNA???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

4 sides just isnt enough anymore. Get with the times man. TNA realised that wrestling fans like cheap novelties like big cages and six sided rings. Im all for it. It looks cool and it ads and extra dimension to matches. It allows wrestlers to do moves that cant be done in a regular 4 sided WWE ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 DannyAu-Yeung

It felt weird though watching guys wrestle in a 6 sided ring. Too used to watching wrestling in a 4 sided ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Was watching it last week on Sky. Whats with the 6 sided ring on TNA???

What do you mean on Sky?
    TNA couldnt be on Sky Sports... could it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I don't think so. I've only seen it on the wrestling channels.

With a six sided ring the X-divsion is unbelievable at times the stuff they can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

Yeah especially with the talent they have there, its a good bit better than wwe now

• Advertisement

Plus i think they arent half as strict on moves done. If Styles or anyone came over from TNA they'd be a shadow of the themselves that you see in TNA these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I dont get AJs move's. Whats the point in doing a moonsault only to land on your feet before hitting an inverted DDT? Would it not be more effective and less time consuming to just hit an inverted DDT? Its not very realistic. OK prowrestling by its nature is not very realistic if you throw a guy against the ropes he not going to spring back at you in a real fight, but AJs move is a bit ridiculus

It's impressive, adds a bit of flair and showmanship. I dunno, it looks good. A lot of moves are like that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 DannyAu-Yeung

stalfos wrote:
    What do you mean on Sky?
    TNA couldnt be on Sky Sports... could it?

Sky as in the wrestling Channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Right, i understand now

6 sided ring looks cool but i still prefer the 4 sided one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Its suits the X division guys more rather than the heavyweights I think

Yeah, i saw a tag match in it a while ago and they seemed confused at times at what to do regarding irish whips and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭N_Raid

I dont get AJs move's. Whats the point in doing a moonsault only to land on your feet before hitting an inverted DDT? Would it not be more effective and less time consuming to just hit an inverted DDT? Its not very realistic. OK prowrestling by its nature is not very realistic if you throw a guy against the ropes he not going to spring back at you in a real fight, but AJs move is a bit ridiculus

What's the point in doing a moonsault or a 450 splash or a frogsplash or a shooting star press? Why not just jump on the bloke? Why do any move why not just hop on him and punch his face in? It just adds that extra bit of showmanship and atleticism and it just looks impressive.

As for the six sided ring I've only seen one or two matches and maybe the ropes were too tight that time or maybe it's just the way it is with six sides but the few irish whips I've seen it looked like they were bouncing off a brick wall and just didn't look too good at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Sorry lads but TNA is pretty bad.

Don't get me wrong, I like to watch other feds apart from WWE and a bit of competition is great, but at the moment TNA poses no competition to WWE.

Plus I’m all for new, young stars showing their talents and potential.

I'm not over the moon with the HHH/JBL story, but compared to the crap production and promos I’ve seen on Impact, its Oscar material.

And really, ask yourself, if guys like Styles are so much better performers, why aren’t they performing for McMahon for more money?

As for the “big names” they have, Nash and Hall would turn up at the opening of a fridge if it was cash up front, Hardy is just plain lazy and couldn’t get out of bed for the WWE schedule, and I’m sorry but DDP vs. JJ is not my idea of a main event in 1995 , never mind 2005

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Tna is bad in places they do need new main event guys pretty badly and Jarretts ego has run wild a long time ago and people can get fed up of that pretty easily.Why some guys arent in WWE!Simply because most of them are below average height Guys like Petey Williams,Chris Sabin,A.J,Chris Daniels,AMW,Micheal Shane,Monty Brown,Abyss Kid Kash and so on there is a talent roster there and in most of these cases they dont have either the Stamford Look or they dont have the charisma not because they are not talented.In A.Styles case he was offered a developmental deal but turned it down and now is getting more more in T.N.A and indies anyway.T.N.A if it gets it priorities right can be a major alternative to WWE but I agree on this not in its present state

McMahon would ruin their careers if he got his hands on a lot of them. Plus AJ turned down the deal because he just got his family settled and didnt like the look of the travel schedule.

Advertisement