Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

School Bags...

• 21-02-2005 9:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Im looking around for new bag and its tough finding any nice ones. Any idea's (im a guy). I went into "urban" beside George's arcade and saw a JanSport bag for.....wait for it.....€160 so i want to be keeping away from those.lol.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

i found a jan sport bag in lifestyle sports for E50 at the start of the year. the one that everyone has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

anything but JanSport!I'm sure they are good bags and all that but i see them EVERYWHERE

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

millets were doing a deal for 2 gert bags for a 5er
    not sure if there doing it still, worth a look

160 for a bag is a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

50 euros!!!!! for a jan sport bag??

was over in england about 2 years ago and picked one up for 15 euros.

they are really comfortable to wear even with say a half load in it you don't feel weighed down (don't know if that makes sense)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

There's a reason everyone has jansport bags. They're good bags. I think I paid about 50 euro for mine, but I'm not likely to get a new one for the next several years so I don't consider it so expensive. My sister has one that looks similar to a jansport bag but was a fraction of the price. And it's disintegrating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I've got two JanSport bags... they cost me €100 between them and I've been using them (well, my ex uses one of them but still...) for almost 3 years now. I love them, they're incredibly comfortable and really durable. For what it's worth they come out of the wash pretty new looking aswell.

The other day I bought a Converse messenger bag (from Argos of all places), it was about 25 euro but I like it so far. Definitely not something for carrying loads of books and such in - more for whatever ****e ya might need for a day in town or something. It is NOT A BLOODY HANDBAG THOUGH! IT IS A MANBAG!!!

G'luck in the search for a good bag, they come rarely so cherish it muchly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I never used them when I was in school but I've always found Lowe Alpine back packs great. They're a little on the dear side but you'd be hard pressed to find a better bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Le Coq bags in Lifestyle for about 15, they're mad comfortable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

the bag shop aross the road from the irish life mall big sale nice bags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

messenger bags are the devil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

I never used them when I was in school but I've always found Lowe Alpine back packs great. They're a little on the dear side but you'd be hard pressed to find a better bag.
    I'd agree with this. I had a Lowe Alpine Contour Runner for 4 years in college, took it everywhere I went outside term time also. it's still going strong 8 years out of college, although I did upgrade it a while back for a hydro version of the same pack. well worth the money. bulletproof and dead comfy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

You can sometimes get nice college bags in "The bag shop", theres a few of them spread around town. I got an Enrico Benetti one there for €15 about a year and a half ago and its still holding up well. Also got a nice navy and red Fila bag from Arnotts sports section for €20 in the sales. Its well handy cos its small enough to use as a college bag/going to training bag, but expands out so can also be used as a "going away for the weekend" bag :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 omez

I use a JanSport bag, which I got in TRIBE (Stephen's Green) for €50. Love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

jesus, it's just a bag ffs..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

suprisingly it's not. The last two bags i've had have fallen to pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Men evidently also have bag issues :p

Would you use a sports bag TimAy?

i use a camping rucksack, its padded on the back and the weight is spread evenly, i thought i'd look a prat but you really notice the difference when you have a good quality bag, also its got loads of space.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

I have a sporthouse back and it has lasted me since 1st year[5th year now] I've taken it abroad and everything. It's great and really comfy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

There's a reason everyone has jansport bags. They're good bags.
    and the fact that they are an over-hyped fashion accessory, its the way things work in ireland: company charges more for their product and more people buy it :rolleyes:

ferdi wrote:
    and the fact that they are an over-hyped fashion accessory, its the way things work in ireland: company charges more for their product and more people buy it :rolleyes:
    When people gotta wear uniforms, how else can they show off their incredibly unique (:rolleyes:) sense of fashion than with their schoolbag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

ferdi wrote:

not really. i'd admit i paid alot for my jansport bag (85e in the sales) but the reason i bought it was nothing to do with the fact that it was jansport bag. i bought the bag because it was the by far the best bag for the purpose. i needed a backpack that could carry my laptop for cycling to college. a shoulder bag would have been cheaper, but completely impractical. there were other laptop backpacks, but they just weren't as good. this bag, despite being ridiculously expensive, was totally worth it. it fits EVERYTHING. it has a thickly padded compartment for the laptop itself, compartments for various cables etc, proper padded straps which help spread the weight evenly, and after a year, despite continuous use, still looks brand new (well apart from some mud stains)

they may have become a fashion accessory in recent years, but that still doesn't take away from the fact that they are high quaility, well-made bags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Orla1

Jansport bags are really good, i've had one forever. But if you want a bag that really shows your individuality u'v gotta get a Billabong one. They are BRILLIANT!!
    I got one in Tk maxx for €15 and I've taken it 2 germany, skiing, medugorje, croatia and loads of places.
    It's still going strong despite the fact that I use it every day in school and it gets f****d around the place in the evenings wen i use it 4 sport!!!!
    Btw... they're bright blue cord material with yellow writin!!! (but i think they have them in black too)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I have a nike bag which is actually lasting pretty well, except I was pretty stupid cos I bought a light blue one and it gets dirty really quickly, so I have to wash it often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

i have a pink puma bag with writing all over it
    Have you tried the bag shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The Bag Shops great..there's one on Liffey Street beside k-ot-ik and one beside Roches on Henry Street. Eastpak are just as good as jansport....and slightly cheaper...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Dunnes Stores bags are great, they make Jansport copies that cost you like €6, it has all the functionality of a Jansport but it only lasts about 3-6 months, then you simply bring it back and they refund it(I'm being deadly serious here).
    ferdi wrote:
    and the fact that they are an over-hyped fashion accessory, its the way things work in ireland: company charges more for their product and more people buy it

Amen to that.
    When people gotta wear uniforms, how else can they show off their incredibly unique (:rolleyes:) sense of fashion than with their schoolbag?

umm... didn't you just say everyone should have Jansports?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

For school i use a £10 bag mum got in sportique with the name of my band tipp-exxed onto it because the bastards in my school would **** up a good funky bag, so thats why i keep my Pink Floyd (Dark side of the moon) bag for shopping, gigs, and general going around.

Cool bags just ooze style though.

JC 2K3 wrote:
    umm... didn't you just say everyone should have Jansports?
    I most certainly did not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I have a sporthouse back and it has lasted me since 1st year[5th year now] I've taken it abroad and everything. It's great and really comfy too.

i used to have one of those too and it lasted ages. ive had a jansport one for the past couple of years and i think its great. €50 for mine too but they last quite a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I paid like €20 quid for a one strap shoulder bag (prefer it for cycling) for college, few months down the line and the velcro won't hold the strap. I now hold it together with some garden string, I guess you get what you pay for. While Jansport are meant to be good bags, they are just way too expensive. Not to mention I haven't seen a single strap one.

Advertisement