Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maynooth to Beaumont hosp on public transport...how?

• 21-02-2005 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

Any help would be good!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Or perhaps train to Drumcondra and 51A to Beaumont. 51A only operates mon-fri and has a 'limited' serviceto say the least but it might suit you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There are busses that runs through the hospital 103 | 104 | 27B | 42A | 51A |

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/returned.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭jd

Victor wrote:
    There are busses that runs through the hospital 103 | 104 | 27B | 42A | 51A |

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/returned.asp

train to Drumcondra and 16/16a will leave you with a short walk-unless you are lazy/completely useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Does anyone know how long the 16a takes to get from Drumcondra station to Beaumont? I'm tryin to work out how long its gonna take cos if it's ages I'm gonna turn down the job I was offered there for the summer

• Advertisement

at what time of the day?

In for 9am finished at 5pm afaik. It's from June - October though so at least school's are out for July and August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Abdiel

I used to go from Drumcondra to Santry every morning, 16 usually took around 15 -20 minutes to get to beaumont hospital area from just outside the train station in Drumcondra.

I'd guess 10-15 mins cause you are going against flow of traffic

jd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

If the 16 / 16A takes 15-20 mins I suggest you get the 0757 Maynooth - Bray train to Drumcondra. It arrives there at 08.34.

Or get the 0617 Longford - Pearse train departs Maynooth at 0734 (Not on Mondays) / 07.33 Maynooth - Pearse (Mondays Only). Both arrive in Drumcondra at 0810.

• Advertisement

Ok great, I'll get one of the trains that don't come from Longford, I don't like the old trains! Thanks everyone :)

I'll get one of the trains that don't come from Longford, I don't like the old trains!

I think you find that the Longford Commuter services are formed by modern 2800 class (built 2000) and 2900 class (built 2003 / 2004) Commuter trains. If there now being described as old - I dunno what to more to say on that!!!! :confused::confused:

The 0617 ex Longford is formed by an 8-car 2900 unit, while the 07.00 ex Longford is formed by a 6-car 2800 unit.

The 07.57 ex Maynooth is formed by an 8-car 2900 unit.

enterprise wrote:
    I think you find that the Longford Commuter services are formed by modern 2800 class (built 2000) and 2900 class (built 2003 / 2004) Commuter trains. If there now being described as old - I dunno what to more to say on that!!!! :confused::confused:

The 0617 ex Longford is formed by an 8-car 2900 unit, while the 07.00 ex Longford is formed by a 6-car 2800 unit.

The 07.57 ex Maynooth is formed by an 8-car 2900 unit.

Lol o.k but any time I got a train that came from Longford it was one of the old ones with the annoying doors you have to hang out of the window. Anyway I'll get one that starts in Maynooth, get my choice of seats then :)

I think your referring to the Connolly - Sligo trains! :D:D

You will be glad to know they are due for replacement later this year with modern trains.

good cause i cant open those doors and its really embarrassing!

Thanks for all the help

good cause i cant open those doors and its really embarrassing!

Thanks for all the help

Typical Woman!!! ;);););)

Simple, pull down window, lean out (when train has stopped!), turn handle and push against the door - heypresto the door opens!!!

No bother at all re help - thats what we here for!!

Hope you get the job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Trainspotter!

/me gets coat. :D

Where?

Advertisement