Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Cruel Mistress...

Options
  • 21-02-2005 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

don't get too excited!:)

just a beat story.....not a bad one, just one that cements the fact that i can only laugh at this game sometimes.

been playing for 18months now and when i finally get one....in a CASH GAME, think I can get paid? can I fcuk! :(

royalflush.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

it sure is a funny old game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I got my first one playing limit on pokerroom back in the day, got about 10 in the pot but a bonus 50 for getting it, I even bet the river if everyone had folded I wouldnt have got the bonus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭CoD

that happened to me on bet365, i flopped a royal flush and bet them out on the river... no bonus, i didnt realie there had to be a showdown... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I have been playing online for just over a year, I have been playing with friends since the age of 16. I have NEVER hit a royal flush :(

Came close last night and I almost thought I hit one but it was a diamond It would have been an inside straight flush draw, what are the odds of missing eh? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Samba wrote:
    I have been playing online for just over a year, I have been playing with friends since the age of 16. I have NEVER hit a royal flush :(

You need to play more Wild Omaha!! I've seen a pyramid of Knaves cracked with a Royal Flush in that game, 5 of a kind and you loose (on a flop of Jd Joker Joker with one holding Jh Js and the other holding Ad Qd so the pyramid was drawing dead!) is a bad bad beat!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Like Samba I have never hit one either, and I have only ever hit one straight flush, with a similar result to Karls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Yeah hit the straight flush alright and got paid big time by the A high flush, a straight and a lower straight flush. 3 all ins! I felt bad for the A high flush as I called his raise with 78s and flopped the nuts, he was holding AKs.

That's the power of 78s ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Rodge

My girlfriend started playing last night on VC and in her second ever hand she flopped a Royal. Got the shakes big style as well, would have been hilarious to see it at a live table.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I lost with an A high flush yesterday (had AKs) when the other guy hit his one outer on the river to give him the straight flush. That was annoying. Him and his pair of feckin 3's.

I've had 2 straight flushes myself but never a royal.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Never hit a royal eiher. I dropped KTs one night only for the board to fill the royal flush. I was sick!

I got a poker of Aces in Omaha the other day in a SNG with Luke Ivory telling me I was a thief and a bandit and I had none of it etc etc, I was trying to get him to take two random hands from the deck and we'd bet on them. Didnt go for it :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I got a Royal Flush in a Fitz cash game one night - got paid big time - easier when its Omaha - got a poker of 2's a few hands later - oh what a happy night

Hyzepher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

the best hand i've ever got is quad Tens

i've got quads 4 times in all, the fisrt back when i started playing around May, with the last 2 of them coming two weeks ago within a few hands of each other!

in the €25 HE/O cash game a week or 2 ago I folded preflop in omaha with a 46s or something...yeah on the turn i would have been gigling like a school girl!

it's a great game tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

my best moment in poker

playing two 6seat tables on ladb

table 1 j7 suited limped in sb ,had worked 60 up to 100 in a 50/1 nl

table 2 kj os called 2xbb raise on button ,had got up to 120 from 60

flop table 1 j77 flopped full house
    flop table 2 kkj also full house

slow play both

both table produced an ace on river or turn

got a total for 4 all ins by the river

went to 345 in table 1 and 376 in table 2

now thats poker

closed both tables and ran!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭BrendanB

I had the most painful moment of my poker 'career' when playing the holdem game in the fitz. Threw away 6h4h in LP with 6 limpers ahead of me. Board comes 2h3h5h, UTG bets the bejesus out of the lone ace, Paddy Hicks calls all the way with the K-high flush made. Would have been big.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I remember that night Brendan, you looked like someone had gut-punched you for a hour afterwards. In a tournie its not so bad but in a cash game you can see exactly how much you just missed out on (and more!)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I've hit quad nines and got paid in a cash game in the Fitz, also hit a 7 high straight flush in Omaha a night later but only won preflop limps.
    Have hit a couple of quads online, and had a guy hit a one outer straight flush against my nut flush on the river :( lost about €40 on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Got a royal flush once, straight flush twice and a rake of quads. Only got paid on the quads twice and never on the flushes...very upsetting.

Lost $150 in a cash game when holding QQ with a flop of QTT I ended up all-in with a guy holding KK, turn K, river K :(

also lost with a FH A's over 9's to quad 9's.

A mate of mine lost over $100 when he hit quad Q's on the flop and lost to quad K's on the river..that was a sore one...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I once hit quad Q's on the flop (QQT), two went all-in before me, one had the tens over queens house, the other made his straight flush on river.

It was in a $20 MTT on PartyPoker, down to two tables, would have been massive stack leader had I won. My standard response (online at least) to such an outcome is 'that's poker!'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Had a royal once in a Real Money table game on VC as soon as I bet (low) everyone folded. I got feck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

check this out.. it's unbelievable.

was playing online the other day and witnessed this board
    cruel for the guy with the 9 spades until the final ace hit.
    3 players all in for a split pot but one guy folded on the river...:eek:

in all my time i've still never hit a straight flush.
    like <brendan> i folded a 4 6 of clubs only to hit one on the
    end. twice ive held the nut flush only to be beaten
    by someone with a lower flush on but filling a straight flush
    on 4th and 5th street.

• Advertisement
Advertisement