Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 bank accounts

Options
  • 21-02-2005 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭

hey, i'm relatively new to the world of banking.

my father, about 6/7 years ago set me up an excel account in the Bank of ireland, now i rarely use it but i was thinking can i set up another student account at a different bank like AIB.

reason for AIB would be i'd like to have a student credit card for small internet purchases, with BOI you've got to be in college to get a student credit card whereas i'm in 6th year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Cremo wrote:
    can i set up another student account at a different bank like AIB.
    Of course. You can open (student or other) accounts with as many banks as you like.

Now if I remember rightly, the banks may have a difference classification of account for secondary school people as opposed to third level people and you may or may not be able to get a credit card with any given one but there's no problem opening a second account anywhere you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

Of couse you can, I have 2 bank accounts (but don't tell anyone lol).. One with the BOI and the other with TSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Year 1, PLC. Student account with AIB.
    Year 1, College. Student account with AIB.

Note to self; get rid of the one I don't use, one of the days...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh i thought it was okay to have two but for some reason or other i wasn't 100% sure.

thanks guys

Advertisement