Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Antenna problem

Options
  • 22-02-2005 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Hi,

How can I arrange to play a CD without the motorised antenna going up ?
    It saves the gears on the arial motor :)

When I had a Pioneer , I could play tapes without the arial going up :)

In my new(er) car . I have a blaupunkt lausanne CD31 radio/cd and I cannot play a CD without the arial going up.
    Fitted by the dealer , he says 'they are all like that...' - helpful ! :mad:

I assume the control wire from the unit is fed to the arial and powers up when the unit is turned on. Maybe the unit is just not a sophisticated as my Pioneer was ?

Any ideas ?

Denis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

Had the same problem with all my Blaupunkt's.
    The aerial goes up as soon as you turn them on and stays up, even if your listening to mp3's or CD's.

In the end I just installed a switch on the aerial command wire.
    ( Blue wire, Blaupunkt ISO Block A, Pin 5 )

Now, if I need to listen to the radio, all I have to do is flick the switch and the aerial goes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

i rarely listen to the radio ...always have the mp3 player connected through the tape deck....so when my ariel broke i didn't care too much.....but due to the ariel not extending, the radio would kick in all the time even if the tape was in....Blaupunkt radio aswell...turned out i had the AF function switched on...so the thing was constantly looking for a signal...drove me nuts till i copped it by accident.... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

Thanks for the heads up, BlueDrax - I had guessed that there might be that option.
    Wonder why Blaupunkt do it that way. German engineering being what it is an' all :D

Gryzor - i thought hi tech stuff was here to help us :rolleyes:

Advertisement