Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When are Eircom upping the speeds?

• 22-02-2005 1:23am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've heard a lot of rumors, but no facts are forthcoming, so I'd just thought I'd ask if anyone knows when eircom are going to upgrade the package and to what if possible?

I'm not really asking for speeds that are the norm in other countries, but surely eircom will up the speeds now that smart and ntl are shifting things up a notch and actually offering something that resembles competition.

Off topic, but I wonder do people living in countries with proper broadband still want higher speeds? It just seems to me that you can never have enough speed when it comes to the internet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

You may want to check the NTL upping speeds thread...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=227948&page=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

CatInABox wrote:
    I've heard a lot of rumors, but no facts are forthcoming, so I'd just thought I'd ask if anyone knows when eircom are going to upgrade the package and to what if possible?

I'm not really asking for speeds that are the norm in other countries, but surely eircom will up the speeds now that smart and ntl are shifting things up a notch and actually offering something that resembles competition.

Off topic, but I wonder do people living in countries with proper broadband still want higher speeds? It just seems to me that you can never have enough speed when it comes to the internet.

Nothing has been said and if you hear anything else it is rumour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,961 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Didn't realise Eircom were thinking of upping their speeds.. bring it on, in my opinion!

Slightly off-topic here but i'd love to know when Eircom are thinking of cutting their prices... surely they're losing money based on the other ISP's out there (16GB a month etc for €5 less on Esat BT.. i think).

Fair enough.. they're not charging for going over the cap but after seriously going over last month.. i'm not risking it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I dont know if they can up their speed in the near future but they should definitely up their caps. The companys that get their feed from Eircom have higher caps, it's a joke.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, didn't think it was anything more than rumors. Makes me sad though.

No ntl in my area though, so that useless to me. Someones doing major road works around the corner from me, and anytime I see that sort of thing I automatically get my hopes up that its ntl and I'll finally be able to get decent speeds. Just setting myself up for more disappointment, but hey, I can dream.

Most of the other isp's are just reselling what they buy off eircom, so they aren't actually losing much money to most of them, plus most people in ireland aren't like people on boards, and just assume that eircom is the best option and that its not worth switching. Shame, really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement