Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday in the Fitz

Options
  • 22-02-2005 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Whats the story with 'Texas Hold'em Double Chance'. The fitz website says this is being run tonight, whats the difference between oridary hold'em?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

You get 3000 chips for your €50 and start off with 1500 - you can request the additional 1500 anytime up to the break, when you get them as a top-up if un-used.

I would guess that 50% of players request the entire amount within the first 10 minutes, the rest waiting until they get knocked out (and thus need their second chance) or get to the break.

Very enjoyable tournament IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 almez

So you get a max of 3000, starting with 1500 and then no top-ups or rebuys.....sound good.
    The site says it starts @8:45 - how acurate is this, does anyone know?

Yep, it is basically a €50 freezeout with a twist!

Get there for 8:30, starts at 8:45 sharp, once the 5-card draw tournie has begun. Might see you there - unless the games tonight force me to go to the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Anyone know what time the freezeout starts in the merrion at this evening?

I *think* it starts at 9 - though they seem to start a little later than planned, 9.15 maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 almez

Right, so which is the better choice here.....the Fitz or the Merrion.....or is there much difference in turn out, payout etc.?

The Fitz will have less players, a lower turnout and payout. I think the more 'serious' players will be in the Merrion tonight, as the potential rewards are higher.

Advertisement