Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I smell a set-up!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

daveirl wrote:

This applies to Northern Ireland Parties -> Read me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Kingsize wrote:
    Honestly it's like arguing with a goldfish. A really stupid goldfish.

yeah & im doing wardrobe for a movie ......

I know you are but what am I. WTF does the above mean? You're talking gibberish and contradicting yourself. My ignore list is getting bigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

mycroft i was just quoting you out of context something i thought you'd be familiar with.
    my original reply was much longer i have it saved if you want
    but i love the concept of being able to aquire a garda uniform JUST by saying you're doing wardrobe for a movie??
    if you said you were also getting props they might even throw in a few guns.. :D
    ill get mY coat & FU_KK off now then eh??
    I am no match for your superior wit not to mention your knowledge of politics, film & star trek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Kingsize wrote:
    mycroft i was just quoting you out of context something i thought you'd be familiar with.
    my original reply was much longer i have it saved if you want
    but i love the concept of being able to aquire a garda uniform JUST by saying you're doing wardrobe for a movie??
    if you said you were also getting props they might even throw in a few guns.. :D
    ill get mY coat & FU_KK off now then eh??
    I am no match for your superior wit not to mention your knowledge of politics, film & star trek.

As has been pointed out they were fake uniforms.

And 2ndly, as it happens it is surprisiningly easy to get a uniform in that manner.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Hobbes wrote:
    The only thing I can't figure out is if they did it, did they not think this sort of thing would happen if they were caught?

Why do people automatically assume the bad guys are stupid?
    Sleepy wrote:
    Because most of their support base are?

I am right in thinking ‘their support base’ are stupid because the bad guys have committed acts of violence, and their support base's continuing support for them even after such violence?

If the above were right, on such bases, you would be stupid because of your call for mass murder on another thread.
    Kingsize wrote:
    nobody mentioned garda uniforms in the thread,but while we are on the subjectwhere does someone get garda uniforms from?
    presumably someone in the gardai supplied these maybe the investigation into criminality should start there

Lets not let your little conspiracy theory get completely out of control; I have to agree with ishmael whale’s reply about the uniforms. It is possible that the ‘gardaí uniforms’ were just a combination of standard yellow reflective jackets with a little thing that say ‘gardaí’ stuck on them, and a fireman’s formal hat.

(…Add a flash light, and then one can look the bit while standing on the side of the road slowing traffic down, or so I've been told)

ive a photo with myself and Kylie Minogue, doesnt make me a popstar though..

No, but it does mean one has slept with such a person. No, wait a second, that’s not right either.
    daveirl wrote:

The SDLP? Keep in mind that they want to merge with FF.

On any possable 'set up’ for the bank robbery, I don’t know.

However, unless they are getting off the record briefings which they don’t report on , I’m far more worried how the Irish media has portray the IRA not just as the only possible guilty group, but the guilty group. It is like that it is now inconceivable that anyone other then the IRA committed the robbery. It is like it has being proven beyond fact that the IRA are responsible.

While the real picture that has so far been published is that one source has claimed that the IRA committed the robbery with giving no evidence, with a crazy amount of people and groups repeating that one source. In addition, before everyone starts, there has being no firm links between the robbery and the Cork arrests.

But it is interesting, if not a bit sad and sick, that a robbery has raised more of a storm then most (if not any) killings.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

We are 8 years after the GFA.
    Damn! It 2006 already.

http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/events/peace/docs/agreement.htm

Advertisement