Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accident at train station

• 22-02-2005 12:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭

Had a fall at my local train station yesterday - slightly embarrassing, but very painful.

Basically landed on my shoulder, but smacked my head too, so amn't feeling great as a result. Anyway, the girl at the station wasn't exactly helpful - when I said it was extremely slippy, so looked dismayed and said of course it was - it'd just been snowing. She didn't bother her arse looking at where I fell, where she would have seen this...

file.jpg

I've tried contacting the number given to me to report the incident, but keep getting bounced around to different numbers - have now come full circle and been given the original number again. Who / where shoudl I contact in relation to this? Would appreciate any advice...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

go to your solicitors, they'll move pretty fast when they hear from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

what is that, a big piece of slippy wood?
    did kids put it there or is it an actual part of the station?
    why did you walk on it in the first place, did you not notice it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Chalk wrote:
    what is that, a big piece of slippy wood?
    did kids put it there or is it an actual part of the station?
    why did you walk on it in the first place, did you not notice it?

Yes - big lump of slippy wood. Don't know who put it there. Walked on it because it is the exit route to the car park - and don't be a asshole, of course I noticed it. I presumed that builders had put it there, or that it had been put there to allow wheelchair access temporarily. Myself and about 80 others walked down it - I was in leather souled shoes and ended up on my back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

What station is it?

i asked did you notice it because you may not have noticed it.
    if you saw it, walked on it and fell on your ass, while 80 other people didnt dont expect to get sympathy by calling people assholes.

• Advertisement

Chalk wrote:
    i asked did you notice it because you may not have noticed it.
    if you saw it, walked on it and fell on your ass, while 80 other people didnt dont expect to get sympathy by calling people assholes.

sorry - thought you were being a smart ass. Either way I walked on it because I had no choice. And I don't recall asking for anyones sympathy..

It was at Coolmine station.

sympathy as in a helpful response from iarnrod eireann.

i was only asking as it may have been dark which would make the situation worse for IE, or you may have been talking into a mobile while trying to read an irish times , in which case you probably would have fallen over anyway ;)

phone calls wont get you too far with these kind of things in ym exerience.
    get a few photos of the area, indicate lack of signage indicating slippyness, a few of your injuries, if any, send these with a full, detailed and level headed letter to IE,
    youll be more likely to get a response that way.

call the station and ask for the staion amnage, if theres none call the depot,
    get the wood removed as its a hazard

Chalk wrote:
    i was only asking as it may have been dark which would make the situation worse for IE, or you may have been talking into a mobile while trying to read an irish times , in which case you probably would have fallen over anyway ;)

Ah ok - being honest I'd be keeping this one to myself if I thought it was my fault!! :) Was being extra careful because I could feel how slippery it was - said it to my friend who was with me, was on the lower section when both feet went out from underneath me...

Will probably send in a letter - if I can figure out who to send it to. The number I was given by the girl in the station is for reporting incidents with the DART... which you may or may not know doesn't run through Coolmine.... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

That's not your fault. That's f***ing wet plywood being used to allow wheelchair access to the station. Completely innpropriate and the steps should be converted to a concrete ramp with some bloody grip! The plywood used to be covered in felt (like you put on a shed roof) but it's worn away and now it's an accident waiting to happen. Call the Health and Safety Agency and set them on IE. They should be thankful, many would just claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Get in touch with a solicitor and get him to contact them. That's a disgrace.

• Advertisement
Advertisement