Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer service; idiot customer *true story*

• 22-02-2005 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

My brother used to work in this area.
    He used to take calls from people who wanted to know what was wrong with their computers. The company also catered for England calls. One posh woman called one day;

Bro: "How may I help you?"
    Customer: "I'm wondering about that service, where you can bank through your computer."
    Bro: "Yes? What's the problem?"
    Woman: "Well, I'm putting my bank card in that slot on the face of the computer and nothing seems to be happening."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

I used to work for a company that took phone calls for a whole load of different companies. One time this woman rang through to rubbish collection number (i wont name the company). Any she was enquiring about recycling:

Me: hello, *name* here how can i help you?

Woman: I was just wondering about the recycling service that ye provide. Really i was wondering what i can recycle?

Me: Well you can recycle everything from paper and cardboard to food cans, plastic bottles, clothes, old shoes and milk cartons.

Woman: Thats fantastic. How about the waste left over from dinner. If i put that in the recycling will we look after that?

Me: (with a look of shock in my face) Yes mam, what we do is we collect all the food and freeze it and twice a year we put it all together and send it off to the starving childern in africa.

Woman: That is the best thing i heard all day. Well that settles it. I would like to avail of your recycling service.

Me: (laughing so much i had to hang up)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Rossonero

solice wrote:
    I used to work for a company that took phone calls for a whole load of different companies. One time this woman rang through to rubbish collection number (i wont name the company). Any she was enquiring about recycling:

Woman: I was just wondering about the recycling service that ye provide. Really i was wondering what i can recycle?

Me: Well you can recycle everything from paper and cardboard to food cans, plastic bottles, clothes, old shoes and milk cartons.

Woman: Thats fantastic. How about the waste left over from dinner. If i put that in the recycling will we look after that?

Me: (with a look of shock in my face) Yes mam, what we do is we collect all the food and freeze it and twice a year we put it all together and send it off to the starving childern in africa.

Woman: That is the best thing i heard all day. Well that settles it. I would like to avail of your recycling service.

Women, ehh? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

solice wrote:

I think you misread the title, it was idiot customer, NOT idiot customer service rep. Did they fire you eventually?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

:D This is absolutely hilarious.....enjoy!!!

These are actual quotes taken from U.S. Government
    employee
    performance appraisals:

1. "Since my last report, this employee has reached
    rock-bottom and
    has started to dig."

2. "I would not allow this employee to breed."

3. "This employee is really not so much of a
    has-been, but more of a definite won't be."

4. "Works well when under constant supervision and
    cornered like a rat in a trap."

5. "When she opens her mouth, it seems that it is
    only to change feet."

6. "This young lady has delusions of adequacy."

7. "He sets low personal standards and then
    consistently fails to achieve them."

8. "This employee is depriving a village somewhere of
    an idiot."

9. "This employee should go far, and the sooner he
    starts, the better."

10. "Got a full 6-pack, but lacks the plastic thingy
    to hold it all together."

11. "A gross ignoramus -- 144 time! s worse than an
    ordinary ignoramus."

12. "He doesn't have ulcers, but he's a carrier."

13. "She has taken all aspects of her job to
    previously unexplored levels of space."

14. "I would like to go hunting with him sometime."

15. "He's been working with glue too much."

16. "He would argue with a signpost."

17. "He brings a lot of joy whenever he leaves the
    room."

18. "When his IQ reaches 50, he should sell."

19. "If you see two people talking and one looks
    bored, he's the other one."

20. "A photographic memory but with the lens cover
    glued on."

21. "A prime candidate for natural de-selection."

22. "Donated his brain to science before he was done
    using it."

23. "Gates are down, the lights are flashing, but the
    train isn't coming."

24. "He's got two brains cells, one is lost and the
    other is out looking for it."

25. "If he were any more stupid, he'd have to be
    watered twice a week."

26. "If you give him a penny for his thoughts, you'd
    get change."

27. "If you stand close enough to him, you can hear
    the ocean."

28. "It's hard to believe he beat out 1,000,000 other
    sperm."

29. "One neuron short of a synapse."

30. "Some drink from the fountain of knowledge; he
    only gargled."

31. "Takes him 2 hours to watch '60-minutes'."

32. "The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Blub2k4 wrote:
    I think you misread the title, it was idiot customer, NOT idiot customer service rep. Did they fire you eventually?

No i didnt, no im not and no they didnt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Not vey funny this is the humour board!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ditzy

Customer service has to be one of the toughest jobs...but rewarding the way you can finally get revenge on the stupid people you have to deal with day in day out!!! You can't help feeling sorry for them though....... :confused:

Advertisement