Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best For Business ?

• 22-02-2005 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

We are currently on the Eircom Business Starter Package, we have been eircom customers since March 2004 and netsource before that from 1998 (when they were clubi).

Altho quiet satisfied with the Eircom Quality of service the cap is the only major soar thumb we have! Continuously going over the cap has made it a expensive expirence. We have been unable to Broker any form of agreement with eircom for a service throughout 2005 when our contract ends.

At the moment we are using around 12.5gb of bandwith a month.

Im currenly looking at IBB business Breeze packages however i would like to have a list of providers if possible before i make any decisions.

What were basically looking for is either 512 / 1 meg service
    around 16gb of bandwith (we have only really started unlocking bb potential in our business).

We would have loved smart telecom however we are out of range..

Does anyone know a range of business broadband services available to Greystones Co. Wicklow ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 sluice44

Hi,
    I couldn't recommend Irish Broadband for a business connection. I'm a small business and have the 1Mb breeze connection. I think you can search boards.ie with my username and see my previous comments about IBB.

I don't know whether it's IBB in general or the Ballymun mast we connect to but the service is very unreliable. I wouldn't mind if the service slowed for a particular reason - you can plan around that - but the service comes and goes.

Phoning customer support is generally pointless - others on boards.ie reckon there's only 5 people answering the phones. I feel sorry for them (customer support, not boards.ie posters!).

I recently had the pleasure of trying a 2Mb connection in Northern Ireland and the difference was astonishing. To be honest, It was a kinda scary/shivers down the spine experience - 'so this is what broadband really means'.

Sorry but I don't have an answer for you in Greystones.

Can any of your staff telework from home; you could subsidise their broadband connection? Would it be economic (in the short term) to get two phone lines just for broadband - I haven't thought this idea through!

'People' say WiMax is coming in a year or two and it'll blow everyone else out of the water. Can you wait that long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Are you actually being charged for going over the cap? I thought that was only a boards myth.

I have IBB off the Windgates mast that you would also get it from. It's working fairly ok now, but that could of course change in a week's time. If you need a broadband service that works consistently, I couldn't recommend IBB.

Apart from Eircom and its resellers, Greystones also has EsatBT unbundled ADSL. I don't know what their charges are, but I don't think they're very keen. Go to EsatBT's site and have a look. I think EsatBT are doing or will do SDSL type of services as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

@Blaster99

Yes we are getting charged @ .03 Cent Per Meg over the limit
    to cure the myth ill scan in a part of the eircom bill.

As far as i know for Esat SDSL we would have to change telco providers.

Ill trial the ibb and see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Blitz wrote:
    @Blaster99

Yes we are getting charged @ .03 Cent Per Meg over the limit
    to cure the myth ill scan in a part of the eircom bill.

As far as i know for Esat SDSL we would have to change telco providers.

Ill trial the ibb and see.

Jeez 12Gb is hardly busting the cap properly.

1. When did they start to charge for the excess.
    2. Please scan in the bill (nimus your a/c number and name and address and phone number ) that would answer a lot of questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

IBB, great bunch. The last couple of hours there's been random outages. Very very very annoying when using a VPN I can tell you. They seem to do nearly all their maintenance during business hours as this is not uncommon.

But that's probably better than paying per Mb....

• Advertisement
Advertisement