Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Initial notice tourney in Tipperary

Options
  • 22-02-2005 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

This is just an initial notice of the tourney we are running in Roscrea Co.Tipperary on April 22nd next. I will fill in the blanks asap. We are trying to get some level of sponsorship to help pay for costs.
    1. Who is running the event :(ace high card club.)
    2. The purpose of the event (charity, for st vincent de paul.)
    3. Date and Location of event 22/04/05 Grants Hotel Roscrea, co.Tipperary
    4. Registration and Start time of event. redg €2 6.30pm start at 7.30pm sharp
    5. Any prerequisites (member of club, society etc): yes join club on night €2
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number (in advance, at the door etc.)in advance e-mail: acehighroscrea@hotmail.com, grants hotel roscrea max 300 players
    7. Type of Tournament (Hold'emRebuy .)
    8. Cost of entry €20 and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups €20 rebuy to be confirmed either €10 or €20.
    9. Cost of registration €2.00
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund :not decided yet will be decided on monday night comming
    11. Any guarenteed prize pool.no
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels. first hour only
    13. Starting Chips €1500
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts.€1500, €2000
    15. Blind levels :will be posted
    16. Blind timeframes: will be posted
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash (free entry to other tournie, merchandice etc): will be posted.
    18. Are there going to be dealers - self deal
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules wsop rules. basics will be on display
    20. Is there a tournament director one of committie his decission will be final.
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say.one of committie his decission will be final.

Please bear in mind that we are gething not one cent from this tourney, it is to fund raise for st v de p. prizes will depend on whether or not we can get sponsorship to cover costs.and on the numbers playing. I expect if costs are covered in advance that the split will be approx 70/30 or 75/25.
    I will post the missing answers as soon as possible.
    we have done a deal with the hotel re b&b for the night €35pps for the event, there will be a bar extension.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sounds ideal for a road trip. I've become very wary of self deal, charity games. The bar extension on the other hand, sounds coool :)

DeV.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Yea I was thinking the same myself.....nice price on the B&B.I will be looking into this more.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tap28

"I've become very wary of self deal, charity games,” DeVore please explain further. We are trying to do this the right way, so giving us as much information as possible will hopefully ensure everyone will have a great night.

Nice one on your recent appointment with Paddy Power.

The Bar extension was my idea. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

tap28 wrote:
    please explain further.

Check out the thread on the Dublin Student Poker Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

All help and advise will be appriciated greatly we want a good, enjoyable tourney that everyone is as happy as possible about.

j

• Advertisement

tap28 wrote:
    "
    The Bar extension was my idea. :D

Don't mind my little brother, The bar ext was my idea as was the deal with the hotel for the cheep b&B

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Jem, I'll be posting a piece soon on my experiences with a different "Charity Event" to give you an idea of how it SHOULDNT be done. I'm more then happy to give my opinion on how is SHOULD be done too. The players here are a bit touchy about chancers doing such tournies and taking the majority of the prizepool for their backpockets... not all people are like that but enough that if I didnt get certain assurances, I wouldnt travel to play. I have to run now though so I'll do it tomorrow.

DeV.

thanks dv.
    As I said we are not geting 1cent for ourselves, so different situation.Obviously the prize % will not be as big as players might like but that is due to the fact that it will be going to VdeP. I am very hopefull that the costs will be covered by way of sponsers go the money will be going to the best two places the players and the charity.
    All advise, help and attendance appriciated.

DeVore wrote:
    Jem, I'll be posting a piece soon on my experiences with a different "Charity Event" to give you an idea of how it SHOULDNT be done. I'm more then happy to give my opinion on how is SHOULD be done too. The players here are a bit touchy about chancers doing such tournies and taking the majority of the prizepool for their backpockets... not all people are like that but enough that if I didnt get certain assurances, I wouldnt travel to play. I have to run now though so I'll do it tomorrow.

DeV.

DeV
    I know you are busy but could you do this when you get a chance so that we can try to take your points on board.
    j

Wilco.

DeV.

• Advertisement

tickets will be available towards the middle of next week. The hotel have been onto us to to let people know that there are a lot of bookings for the hotel already , so should be a good crowd.

I was thinking that if it goes to 12.00 on the night with 100+ players still in that we should bring in antes of 1000/2000 rising with the binds thereafter what do u think?
    the reason is obvious, are they high enough?

This is notice of the tourney we are running in Roscrea Co.Tipperary on April 22nd next.
    1. Who is running the event ace high card club.)
    2. The purpose of the event (charity, for st vincent de paul.)
    3. Date and Location of event 22/04/05 Grants Hotel Roscrea, co.Tipperary
    4. Registration and Start time of event. redg €2 6.30pm start at 7.30pm sharp
    5. Any prerequisites (member of club, society etc): yes join club on night €2
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number (in advance, at the door etc.)in advance e-mail: acehighroscrea"at"hotmail.com, grants hotel roscrea max 300 players
    7. Type of Tournament (Hold'emRebuy .)
    8. Cost of entry €20 and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups €20
    9. Cost of registration €2.00
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund :75% of (entryfee+topups+rebuys) in prizes, 25% to St. Vincent de Paul
    11. Any guarenteed prize pool.no
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels. first hour only
    13. Starting Chips €1500
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts.€1500, €2000
    15. Blind levels :25/50
    50/100
    75/150
    100/200
    150/300
    200/400
    300/600
    400/800
    500/1000
    800/1500
    1K/2K
    1.5K/3K
    2K/4K
    3K/6K
    4k/8K
    5k/10K

16. Blind timeframes: every 20 min.
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash (free entry to other tournie, merchandice etc): will be announced on the night asap after topups completed.
    18. Are there going to be dealers - self deal
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules wsop rules. basics will be on display
    20. Is there a tournament director one of committie his decission will be final.
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say.one of committie his decission will be final.

Please bear in mind that we are gething not one cent from this tourney, it is to fund raise for st v de p. I will post the missing answers as soon as possible.
    we have done a deal with the hotel re b&b for the night €35pps for the event, there will be a bar extension.

It is vital that you buy your ticket in advance and bring it with you as it will be needed during the night for various reasons including rebuys/topups draw etc.

I am some case, I forgot to put up where you can get tickets.
    grants hotel roscrea 0505 23300, email acehighroscrea"at"hotmail.com.

A few of us will be going to the Kilmurrry lodge next tuesday night to see how not to run a tourney.
    If anyone is interested in buying tickets we will have them with us.
    j

Advertisement