Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Delivery and related charges extra

Options
  • 22-02-2005 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Not really into cars but I need to change cars soon enough and am just checking out some new cars on the net. Prices are quoted excluding delivery and related charges. Can anyone tell me how much I can expect to pay for these charges?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Need more information... Delivery from where??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

It's usually the cost of registration, taxing, insurance etc. Basically any extra charges that you need to pay to legally drive the car off the fourcourt. In theory they could charge to deliver from the distributor to you but few do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This amounts to a charge for delivering the car to the garage from the distributor including transportation insurance. It also includes charges for registering the car with the motor tax office (not to be confused with road tax) ie. being issued a registration number, various paper work that a garage has to process with the Inland Revenue (VRT, VAT, etc) and of course a charge for sticking number plates on the car. These are all passed on to the customer and are usually included in the price you see on the windscreen. This can add up to a couple of hundred euros. Of course you will never see a detailed break down of these charges.

You still have to pay road tax of course after you take delivery of your new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Dont forget about the PDI its a very important thing :p

P.S. it aint a charge for just sticking the plates they also have to make them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭MG

Thanks. So I can add a couple of hundred euro to the price quoted on the net?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Don't forget to add up to another €500 for metalic paint. Best to use these prices as ball park figures. The dealer will have their list prices which include all related delivery and other charges.

Usually the price on the windscreen of the car includes all of the above.

Advertisement