Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tip mistake?

Options
  • 22-02-2005 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I came 4th in the 100+10 last night and pocketed €600 - on my way out I remembered that someone, somehow was supposed to tip the dealers. I went back and asked the blonde girl (forget her name) how much was typical to tip, she smiled and wouldn't say, so in the end I left €30 I had in change. Then on the way out remembered that I hadn't left anything the week before (came 3rd in the 50 double chance), oops. I just don't think of these things when the money is being counted out in front of me - playing online also can be blamed!

Did I leave enough? Does the percentage usually tipped increase for 3rd, 2nd, 1st?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Well done on 4th. 4th isn't really expected to leave any tip (imho, dealer, you think any different?), its generally only the first two (sometimes three) that would tip, or in some cases just the winner, or as part of a deal.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I always tip when I come third or better.
    Somewhere between eight and ten percent.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I wouldnt expect 4th to tip but if you were going to, 30-40 quid would be a nice generous tip on a 600 win imho...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Its not usual for 4th place to tip unless it was in the €250 game.
    Depending on the prize fund, 3rd might tip.
    With the amount of deals done these days in the fitz the chop deal usually includes a tip for the dealers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Teneka

10%? So, if you win 10000, tip 1000? Seems a good bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

A 5% tip is normally the average therefore the 30 euro tip on the 600 win was perfect. Usually only 1st and 2nd would be required to tip with 3rd place tipping on his/her own discretion. I think 10% is too rich, if you won the 250 end of month game and pocketed 10,000 would any of you hand over 1,000? Anyway that's my two cents worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭BrendanB

It's completely up to yourselves, but bear in mind that you've generally gotten a very cheap night of poker from a dead money pov, i.e. the 5 reg, and that in a cash game you'd be tipping from every pot, even if you ended up down a grand for the night. The dealers don't earn staggeringly large amounts and it's good to be generous. (I'll point out I no longer work there :))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Teneka wrote:
    10%? So, if you win 10000, tip 1000? Seems a good bit.

should read, seems a bit good.

Advertisement