Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat setup time

• 22-02-2005 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Just applied for the esat 3month trial, what the time period for them to have it setup? 2, 3 or 4 wks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭djmike

I ordered mine on 5th december.

My modem arrived 21st december.

standard wait time , i think

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Pauly26

djmike wrote:
    I ordered mine on 5th december.

My modem arrived 21st december.

standard wait time , i think

Cheers thought it would be around 2 wks but wasn't sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

ordered mine on the 2nd of december
    on the about the 8th of january i gave up and got eircom -
    had to wait another 2 weeks as esat had marked my line[i think] and my line was no longer suitable for braodband

Chalk wrote:
    ordered mine on the 2nd of december
    on the about the 8th of january i gave up and got eircom -
    had to wait another 2 weeks as esat had marked my line[i think] and my line was no longer suitable for braodband

Something like that happened to me, after 2 or 3 wks of waiting i got back on to esat and they said that the line was not suitable for broadband after first saying it was.
    Then got on to eircom and they said that there was nothing i could do that i would just have to wait for the exchange to be enable for my line. thought bo**ox to that and got on to eircom faults and said there was a problem with my line (intermittent noise on the line)because the guy down the road had got it in so the exchange had to be enabled. After about 4 or 5 visits from the eircom eng. they just replaced the line. Then waited till the 18th (was told that when they test the lines) and i got a pass result and ordered it in that day. If eircom say there a problem with the line and they wont fix it just say what i said. They can;t prove there not a intermittent problem and after a while they just get pi**ed off sending a eng. out to the gaff and they'll replace the line:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

nah
    eircom had the bb in 4 days after it passed the test again.
    esat screwed the order and i had to wait till it lapsed i think

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I ordered from esat 1st Feb ,2 weeks later i rang to check up and they had lost my initial order and had the cheek to ask me to wait another 3-4 weeks for broadband.
    LOL needless to say i went with eircom and got setup today :)
    From what i see esats support is a shambles.
    There are tonnes of horror stories here about esat delays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

I had my order lost but that was cause I had an account under another name on the same line with iol in the past so it wouldnt register my broadband request when i did it on line, or so I was told anyways.

Took a week to get a letter that said id be waiting 15 working days but I had me own modem and got it working bout 9 days later when I saw I had a sync again.

Moral or the story esat suck but what can ya do.

Well taken the advice from boards, i rang them up asking if they had an update on when the BB would be install and ready to use, the guy on the other end said that they had a target date of the 9 of march, ordered it on the 18th of feb. that about 2 and half wks.
    Still very long in the setup time but at least they placed my order. guess i was one of the lucky ones

Advertisement