Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Eagle Tattoo ?

Options
  • 22-02-2005 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi all,

A while back I came across a flyer for Wild Eagle tattoo which is off Mary street (down Jervis Lane). I headed in to take a look, having not heard of it before. Its a very small studio, think its actually just one artist.

I was impressied by the fact that he seemed like quite a good draftsman. A lot of people are experienced at tattooing, but not everyone can actually draw as well, particularly in producing fine art quality human figures in their tattoos. The stuff he had on show was nice and crisp, large pieces which fit the body well, mostly black and grey stuff. I am not sure whether it was genuine custom work or not. Often the term seems to be used in studios, but the source material can still be lifted from just about anywhere.

At the moment I'm interested in getting some work done and will probably pop back to have another look, but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone has any feedback or previous experience with this studio?

I have a fair bit of work done already, but I would not be 'in the know' when it comes to the tattoo community in Dublin, any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

i got my only tatttoo done there and have to recommend them.

very professional and sound bloke doing the art.
    theyre the oldest in dublin afaik and my ma got her tattoo done there in the seventies.

the guy iirc has won a fair few competitions aswell and didnt seem to have any problems doing different designs on the people that were ahead of me in the queue.

just to add,
    compared with some of the bad jobs a few of my mates had done around the city id say there one of the best

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I got my tattoos their too. I'd recommend him. He hasn't done designs for me, but he did a cover up design for a freind and it looks good. I saw some of the tattoos he won awards with and they were amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Unjaku

Thanks for taking the time to reply, guys.

Can you remember the name of the artist? Just to be sure it's the same one we're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

IIRC, his names Aaron. When I got my last tattoo, and I rang up there was a girl there, not sure what her name was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

look like this guy is worth checking i was for heading to zulu to get my first inkwork done but ill defo look this guy sounds good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

yeah, aaron's a sound bloke. and great at what he does. he drew up my back piece in front of me and did it straight away. and did the same for a few friends and me sister. i've seen a lot of his work and have always been impressed. his place can get fairly crowed on saturdays though so ya should ring him first to arrange a time.

Advertisement