Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SG1 : 8x20 Moebius Part 2

Options
  • 22-02-2005 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭

So, what did you all think of this? Kind of anti-climactic imo.. but rather good heh.

Opinion of this episode? 33 votes

It was great!
    0%
    It was good!
    18%
    suttyIvanThordoncallmescratchUser45701Draupnir 6 votes
    It was ok
    42%
    ManachD-GenerateNeoSlicerZTomjor eltelemachusbizmarkandrew163Bodanvibe666ixoyRebel JaffaSeedtoiletduck 14 votes
    It was poor
    27%
    paulj13seamusjimmehJohnKmr_angrybada_bingOmegaRedHomesickAlienInfini 9 votes
    It sucked more than mutant x
    12%
    Venomsecret_squirrelsenordingdongstackeye 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Hang on a minute, there's a Stargate on Sonic The Hedgehog's home planet?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

It was ok
    twas quite good i like the little disagreement about the gateships name ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

It was good!
    It was great, but could have been better. Looks like it was obviously meant to end the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

It was good!
    I really liked it my-self.. I also cracked my-self up with the Gate-ship bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Humour was great ..but actual ep kinda sucked tbh. All the build up of the first episode down the drain. Kinda looked like an episode that had been cut from 1.5 hours to 1 hr. The sudden fix of the timeline was a bit abrupt. Personally it would have been much better if we had seen the revolt against RA in a huge blood and guts finale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Seed

It was ok
    Humour was great ..but actual ep kinda sucked tbh. All the build up of the first episode down the drain. Kinda looked like an episode that had been cut from 1.5 hours to 1 hr. The sudden fix of the timeline was a bit abrupt. Personally it would have been much better if we had seen the revolt against RA in a huge blood and guts finale.

Aye, they've been doing that a bit lately. It's nice but at the same time you feel let down cause it builds you up and lets you down. Overall, good episode. But if they're going to build us up for a big battle. Then they should give us a big battle. *whines*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

It was good!
    ye but the big season battle was in the reconeking parts 1 and 2 that was the season big battle

great episode this as reley enjoyed it but earth dont have a zpm anymore i suppose they dont need 1 as much now but still nice to have 1

EDIT: i reley expected a furling appearence in this episode i dont know why it seemed to make sence cause all the other stories are more less done with for now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Again, was Xpecting a big battle too, or maybe summit extra besides, Ooo, they take back the Gateship, & then cut to proper timeline SG1 team, episode ends, HUH?

Ditto on the Gateship name, sorry to all the SGA fans but Puddle Jumper, it aint really military, is it. :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It was ok
    Agreed it was a bit anti-climatic. It was going well but they did their usual trick of suddenly seeming to cut out the big climax and leaping to the end. I can only imagine it's a budget issue, especially after 'Reckoning'. I know technically we don't need to see the end because that version of SG1 just end up living and dying in the past but still...

Also couldn't they have doubled their chances by unburying the original timeship and battling Ra with 2 GateShips? And couldn't they have then buried both GateShips, made a 3rd timeline and got a third ship and keep building them up until they've a batallion? :p

On the +ve side the humour was good and it was great to see Kawalsky again. This episode really worked if you had seen Season 1 with nice throwbacks to "Children of the Gods" and being imprisoned on Chulak. They must stil have some of the sets.

Oh and hats off to AT for acting so well in this as the frumpy AlternateTimelineCarter. She's played a different her 3 times now I think (correct me if I'm wrong) and pulls each off well. And MS get to see Daniel die again

One final note: Closing scene was nice. I thought they were re-hashing "Threads" footage but the little fish skip was kewl. Wonder if anything else is different :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

It was good!
    ye that fish part was very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

It was poor
    I guess they could have really ended the show here.... So that leads on to season 9 and where to go.... They have to create a brand new story line seeing everything they have worked towards for the past 8 years is wraped up! I though it was only ok but I guess i'm thinking Atlantis season finale! God that was good! O well.....

So now the question.... What to do till then...... We should start getting eps around August? September?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

It was poor
    I liked the fish remark myself - "Well, close enough". And in some ways, the ending was rather poetic. However, I thought it was really abrupt, and definitely lacked some action. The only firefight we got was on Tulac. That was pretty good, but it came too early in the episode.

Daniel's death as a goa'uld was pretty funny though, as was Jack's explanation to Teal'c about how he knew the goa'uld were false gods. Carter was brilliant too - especially the geeky facial expressions she put on during the course of the episode.

I was surprised how much involvement Richard Dean Andersen had in this series. I heard he was going to be taking a backseat, and that seemed to be apparent when he was made Brigadeer General, but then he ended up taking part in almost every episode, often as the principle character. I'm sure next season will be quite different, but it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

It was ok
    Thought it was very funny when Jack was about to say he thought Daniel was gay. Good episode, not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It was poor
    Yeah, little anti-climactic. Not sure what I was actually expecting though.

I think it all just seemed a little too easy. Suddenly Alternate Jack and Alternate Carter were as good as their real selves, despite not having the 8 years' experience. I Also liked Daniel as Goa'uld, but Alternate Daniel killed and Real Daniel being the only one alive on earth was "Oh, that's a nice coincidence", when clearly they just didn't want to the expense of having two of each character on screen all the time.

The jokes were good, as said, but I dunno, it all seemed a little too sedate.

It was ok
    seamus wrote:
    I Also liked Daniel as Goa'uld, but Alternate Daniel killed and Real Daniel being the only one alive on earth was "Oh, that's a nice coincidence", when clearly they just didn't want to the expense of having two of each character on screen all the time.
    Aye. The thing is it imade a kind of sense: Daniel is the least experienced in dealing with weapons so he would have coordinated with the locals and AlternateDaniel, by the same sort of logic, was the right one to torture.

One nice little touch is that when GoauldDaniel came back, he didn't immediately start looking for his glasses despite the fact their equipment had been retured. He was virtually blind without them yet he was able to make the mad dash out. Surprised none of the others picked up on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

It was poor
    ixoy wrote:
    Aye. The thing is it imade a kind of sense: Daniel is the least experienced in dealing with weapons so he would have coordinated with the locals and AlternateDaniel, by the same sort of logic, was the right one to torture.

One nice little touch is that when GoauldDaniel came back, he didn't immediately start looking for his glasses despite the fact their equipment had been retured. He was virtually blind without them yet he was able to make the mad dash out. Surprised none of the others picked up on this.

hmm you're very sharp ixoy!! :)

is it just me or was it the first time an expletive ( sh*t ) was ever uttered on Stargate?? Re: the scene where a go'auld stun bomb hit the alternate SG1 team and jack uttered the expletive. It just really stood out to me that Jack could say 'oh sh*t!' after all those 8 seasons, usually they only ever say crap!

It was poor
    ixoy wrote:
    It actually did strike me - as blind bastard myself, I wondered why the first thing he did wasn't take out his glasses - but I never made the Goa'uld connection. Nice one.

It was ok
    bada_bing wrote:
    is it just me or was it the first time an expletive ( sh*t ) was ever uttered on Stargate?? Re: the scene where a go'auld stun bomb hit the alternate SG1 team and jack uttered the expletive. It just really stood out to me that Jack could say 'oh sh*t!' after all those 8 seasons, usually they only ever say crap!
    Actually Jack said "oh shi-" without the final 't'. It's not quite the same... Similarly Glory, in Buffy, said "Ah fu-" in one episode, as did Buffy. But they cut it off so we don't here the full expletive. I don't think they'd get away with it 'coz it's a Sci-Fi show and that cable channel has a certain audience.

*However* it's not the first (and only) full expletive on the show. In the S1 finale "Within the Serpent's Grasp" we had a genuine swear:
    O'NEILL
    All right, I'm not talkin' to that thing in your head. I'm talking to Skaara.

KLOREL
    Nothing of the host survives.

O'NEILL
    That's bull****. Now let him talk to me.

They got away with that because they were on Showtime, the US cable channel which allows racier stuff. For that reason we got full frontal Sha're nudity for the pilot "Children of the Gods". Despite all that, in the end, they kept it tame because they wanted to get the show syndicated and not have to cut it. It's not the sort of show that needs swearing, sex, or bloody violence so I don't mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Rebel Jaffa

It was ok
    Yeah I thought it was good, Jack never fails to crack me up and he done so quite a few times.

This ep got me thinking, why have the Gou'ald not grown technologically? Its seem that this only happened 5,000 years later when Anubis comes back with bigger better ships, weapons and solders.

Now I know that the Gou'ald take technology from other races but surely there have their own scientist to make betters weapons. To beat other System Lords.

@User45701 "but earth don't have a zpm anymore" They do, it was found with with the Video camera last week.

Why didn't they just go to the Ancients out post on earth 5000 years ago. Surely there would have been power in the ZPM then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

kinda funny but mostly dissapointing/crap

personally i think this was the worst season so far (quue multiple dissagreements with me)

yeah its going to be interesting to see what kind of story they hash up for the next season, maybe they can kill daniel 3 or 4 time this season, or finally kill off bre-tack (dont care if it isnt the correct spelling as i HATE that character)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

It was poor
    madrab wrote:
    kinda funny but mostly dissapointing/crap

personally i think this was the worst season so far (quue multiple dissagreements with me)

yeah its going to be interesting to see what kind of story they hash up for the next season, maybe they can kill daniel 3 or 4 time this season, or finally kill off bre-tack (dont care if it isnt the correct spelling as i HATE that character)

GOD! very grumpy aren't we?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Why didn't they just go to the Ancients out post on earth 5000 years ago. Surely there would have been power in the ZPM then?
    That would have changed the timeline so when Yer man turns up with his fleet the ancient weapon wouldnt have worked coz the ZPM wouldnt be there.

Glad someone else noticed that they had the ZPM at the end of the ep too.

It was ok
    Am I missing something with my army of timeships idea?

* OriginalSG1 go back in time, get trapped and leave behind a timeship. Timeline altered.
    * AlternateSG1 unbury the ship, go back in time and leave behind their timeship alongside first. Timeline altered again,
    * AlternateAlternateSG1 unbury one of the two ships, go back in time, leave it alongside the original two. Timeline altered again..

... keep doing this until you're bored and then "fix" the timeline at the point of rebellion and zoom back to today and you've a 100 GateShips. Why not do this :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

i thought it was decent enough, but a little confusing......
    at the and, where did original sg1 get the tape and the zpm?
    i must have missed something.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

It was good!
    there is no real flaw in that ixoy, there is a whole field of study into whether it can happen or not though. by that way of thinking, there should have been 2 gateships in the past when alternate sg-1 went back. the one the regular lads brought and the one alterate sg-1 had brought.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Bodan

It was ok
    It was a good episode but should not have been this seasons Ending . The Reckoning Part 1 & 2 and Threads should have been , i can only think of they had to tie it in with Stargate Atlantis somehow .

Feels like the end of a era with jack leaving or moving upstairs . This new guy has big shoes to fill .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Why can Daniel see without his glasses now?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Well Rebel Jaffa, They wouldn't have there own science guys as (going back to season one here) 'knowledge of goauld magic is forbidden.' In other words, the rulers couldn't get some one to develop new stuff because then it would be very clear that they weren't 'gods' and 'all knowing'. Anubis didn't have to have any scientists as he was just using his own ancient knowledge.
    They won't have that ZPM for much longer, as its used to get to atlantis

I thought that it was a good episode, but was kinda surprised that they didn't introduce some new enemy or threat for the next season. I just love the humour in this show, but god help you if didn't watch SG enough to recognise the in jokes. I sat there laughing for ages and my mam going 'Whats funny? Why are you laughing?'

Edit: Ugh.. Thought that I was on page 2 when I was posting this, but was only on page 1. Was very confused when the page popped up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

ixoy wrote:
    Am I missing something with my army of timeships idea?
    That would require sending more than one team back. Anyone who goes back has to stay in the past, and the more likely it is that someone will do something that will change the timeline.

• Advertisement

It was poor
    JustHalf wrote:
    Why can Daniel see without his glasses now?
    I guess somewhere along the way of multiple reincarnations and physical abuses he took, his eyes were "corrected". :)
    There's also nothing to explain how he turned from geeky scientist guy into muscular guy who's clearly a few lbs of muscle heavier :D
    Although I'm pretty sure Cheyenne mountain has an extensive gym.

Advertisement