Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SG1 : 8x20 Moebius Part 2

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It was ok
    I think Daniel's eyes have been fixed ever since he ascended and then came back.

Overall I thought that episode was pretty good, though the ending was a little abrupt. Was looking forward to a big fight with Ra too.

As for the time ships, alternate Carter said to Jack that they'd have to destroy the one they came in so I can only assume they destroyed the other one too. So no more time ships. I think it would have been better just to destroy the time-circuits and leave the ships for SG1 to use in the future. It'd be handy to have a couple of these for finishing off the Goa'uld with.

I wonder will the Atlantis finale tie in with SG1 somehow since they have a ZPM on Earth now plus the new ship they mentioned which will be able to travel to Pegasus? It should be a good ending I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

It was good!
    jor el wrote:

I wonder will the Atlantis finale tie in with SG1 somehow since they have a ZPM on Earth now plus the new ship they mentioned which will be able to travel to Pegasus? It should be a good ending I hope.

It already has, How do you think they Marines got to Athantis. Its is even said in the SG:A finale. That they found a ZPM in a dig in egipt.
    Also Earth still has a time ship.(The one found in "its good to be king") As they did not have to use it to travel back in time in the first place... Ya got to love these time paradox's :D

Oh and as for Daniel not needing his glasses. I think that over time, use of the sarcophagus. He even became hooked on using in one ep. As for him ascending fixing his eyes. Sorry but if I recall correctly the first time he chose to come back. When he was left on the planet and SG1 find him. When SG1 aretrying to gain his trust, they give him his glasses and he goes "Oh... Thats better"
    It could be eye surgy or just that the proper timeline Daniel only needs them for reading or close up objects.... but really does it matter in the long run?

I also noticed that the Alt Daniel didn't look for his Glasses or when they ran into alt Teal'c, that he hadn't them on... but I never guessed that he was a Spy :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

has the atlantis finale been shown on sky one yet sutty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It was ok
    I think SGA is ahead in Canada only and this episode hasn't been shown on Sky. At least the one on Tuesday night wasn't the finale, it was the one where Teyla can see onto the Wraith ship.
    Also Earth still has a time ship.(The one found in "its good to be king")
    Of course, sure they never used it did they. I hope they destroy the time travel bit though as those kinds of episodes are a bit crap.
    When SG1 are trying to gain his trust, they give him his glasses and he goes "Oh... Thats better"
    Ah, I remember that now. Might have been surgery at some point as he doesn't wear the glasses any more. Could be contacts too, but I'd doubt he could get five years worth of replacements in Ancient Egypt though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

It was good!
    Mordeth wrote:
    has the atlantis finale been shown on sky one yet sutty?

Sorry, I thought it had aired last night. spoiler tags added.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

jor el wrote:
    Ah, I remember that now. Might have been surgery at some point as he doesn't wear the glasses any more. Could be contacts too, but I'd doubt he could get five years worth of replacements in Ancient Egypt though.
    But he still wears them from time to time (which is the weird thing).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Seed

It was ok
    People eyes can get better. I used to wear glasses because my eyesight was poor. But over the years my eyesight has become much better, I don't have to wear them anymore.

However, sometimes my eyes feel strained so wearing glasses rarely to read or use a computer (bout once every few months) would help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

All this talk about glasses! Maybe it's because he's a character in a fictional TV show and writers aren't perfect?

You Stargate fans are an obsessive bunch ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Seed wrote:
    People eyes can get better. I used to wear glasses because my eyesight was poor. But over the years my eyesight has become much better, I don't have to wear them anymore.

However, sometimes my eyes feel strained so wearing glasses rarely to read or use a computer (bout once every few months) would help.

different time line , things can be different.... fish in a pond , video camera different, eye sight different....

maybe from in proper time line had some surgery to improve sight (its not a 100% fix) and in alternate timeline he didn't have it .....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It was ok
    cregser wrote:
    All this talk about glasses! Maybe it's because he's a character in a fictional TV show and writers aren't perfect?
    Err... We're talking about Daniel Jackson here, not a fictional character like "James T. Kirk." How would you like to be called a fictional character - show some respect to the hard working men and women of SG-1 :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

It was good!
    ixoy wrote:
    Err... We're talking about Daniel Jackson here, not a fictional character like "James T. Kirk." How would you like to be called a fictional character - show some respect to the hard working men and women of SG-1 :mad:

do ya mean Michael Shanks? or are you as mental as that sentence implies? thats a joke by the way

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It was ok
    Draupnir wrote:
    do ya mean Michael Shanks? or are you as mental as that sentence implies? thats a joke by the way
    I'm as mental as the sentence implies - who is Michael Shanks? I only know Daniel Jackson ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

It was good!
    hehe, thats what I thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Rebel Jaffa

It was ok
    That would have changed the timeline so when Yer man turns up with his fleet the ancient weapon wouldnt have worked coz the ZPM wouldnt be there.

Glad someone else noticed that they had the ZPM at the end of the ep too.
    Sure when Anubis turned up it was Jack who had the accient knowledge in his head and thats when they traveled to an Ancient outpost for the full ZPM. They did not use the one on Earth as it was empty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

It sucked more than mutant x
    Awfull.

The worst season finale I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Wasn't it supposed to be the sg1 series finale? They had to end it on a passive 'happy ever after?' note. It was a copy of the Star Trek:TNG finale really.

I agree with you anyway: poor. But when you see
    the Stargate Atlantis finale tomorrow
    you might appretiate why they did it.

Spoiler tag mainly for caution.

Sg-1 isn't finished.

In fact they have just begun filming season 9...and Atlantis season 2 the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

It was poor
    k so i was thiniing about this time thing again and i came up with this?

They now have 3 time trvel ships?????

At the end of the season, alter jack and sam are makin out in the ship! Thats the 2nd ship in the past right????

Even if the 1st one isn't recovered becuase Ra's jaffa have it, they'll still find the 2nd one!

So present day, at least 1 ship will be uncovered with the zpm?!

But they also go to the planet where they first found it in "Its Good To Be King" and now they have at least 2 time travel ships?????

Anyone else confused????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

It was poor
    I assume the SG-1 of the Egyptian-era could have destroyed the vehicles to prevent contamination of the timeline after the rebellion against Ra? I know its not well explained in the episode, but anything could have happened really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

mr_angry wrote:
    I assume the SG-1 of the Egyptian-era could have destroyed the vehicles to prevent contamination of the timeline after the rebellion against Ra?
    Well they would have had to leave one buried in case the timeline wasn't actually restored and they had to go back and try to fix it again. But Carter seemed pretty adamant about destroying the thing. Seeing how much they ****ed things up the first time they tried to use it, they probably will scrap it/them. Or better yet, just destroy the time machine and keep the jumper.

• Advertisement

The obviously better course of action was to shoot the Jaffa sorrounding the time ship, then use to travel another day back in time to warn themselves not to park it there.
    Then the ship is never doscovered by the Jaffa, they don't die and the timeline doens't get contaminated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

The problem with that being that the ship can only jump in periods longer than a couple hundred of years. And also then there'd be two SG-1 teams, presumably only one of which could return to their own time. The other would just have to stay in ancient Eygpt, which was the problem they were trying to avoid in the first place.

Aren't temperal paradoxes fun?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

As far i can figure out, this is what happens to all the gate ships:

SG-1 find gate ship on the "Good to be king" planet and bring it to earth.

Then they use it to travel to ancient egypt where it is found by ra.

the rebellion occurs, SG-1 recaptures the gate ship, but the stargate is taken by ra. Daniel buries the gate ship as he knows the time line has been very altered.

Alternate SGC find buried gateship and members of SG-1 travel back in time to ancient egypt. There are now two gate ships in this time line, the one ra has and the one alt. SG-1 has.

the rebellion occurs again, SG-1 recaptures the gate ship, and the stargate is not taken by ra. As the event which changed the timeline extremely did not occur, alt. SG-1 destroy both gate ships in order to preserve the timeline.(You know that carter would have done this)

therefore, Original SG-1 dont have to go back in time because they already have the ZPM that they were going back for.

If you can follow that, congratulations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 011Scotty

Can people simpfiy this stargate episode for me? i'm rather confused about the orignal team not going back to the past when they did in the start of the episode? (part 1)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭MrVestek

011Scotty wrote: »
    Can people simpfiy this stargate episode for me? i'm rather confused about the orignal team not going back to the past when they did in the start of the episode? (part 1)

Wow yeah try not to bring up a 6 year old thread for questions such as that :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,614 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

he was only going back in time to ask a question about an episode that involves going back in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

011Scotty wrote: »

The other team were from a different trouser leg of time.

Advertisement