Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Korn's Head Leaves Band

Options
  • 23-02-2005 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

It was announced today that Korn guitarist, Brian 'Head' Welch has left the band, citing 'moral and personal issues'

He has left the band, mainly because, as a born again Christian, he has problems with what Korn represent. He will also be making a statement at a church group on Sunday, before leaving for Israel at the end of the month.

Visit www.mtv.com for more information.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

From the thread title, I was hoping you meant Jonathan Davis had left because he died. :p

Born again Christian? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Israel?

How does a born again Christian have problems with entertaining a load of stupid 12 year olds? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Cat O'Nine Tail

That, I object to.

Yes, I'm a Korn fan, and a pretty big one at that. But I'm by no means 12 years old, and neither are the Korn fans that I speak to on a regular basis. We're all between the ages of 25-34, and are long time Korn fans.

Head has had a lot of personal problems in his life-addictions to prescription pills, for a start-and if this is the best way for him to deal with it, then so be it. I don't fully understand why he's done it, but I respect him for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

Aw he's gonna be missed, he's been my all time fave for years!!!

• Advertisement

plazzTT wrote:
    From the thread title, I was hoping you meant Jonathan Davis had left because he died. :p

And as for that...........that's just pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

He has left the band, mainly because, as a born again Christian, he has problems with what Korn represent.
    Is this some kinda publicity stunt or something... Korn aren't exactly what Id call an angry band, but they certainly don't preach hatred either.

Is this some kinda publicity stunt or something... Korn aren't exactly what Id call an angry band, but they certainly don't preach hatred either.

Nope, it's not a publicity stunt. The news was confirmed on Korn.com last night. Plus, Head announced it on a radio station in Bakersfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Meh, big deal. He's made his money, now he's getting out. Give it 10 years and he'll be back for the oul re-union fundraisers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭[ Daithí ]

That's a real shame. Korn are one of my favourite bands, and although I prefer Munky, without Head they won't be the same.

This seems a bit sudden, but I suppose he's been brooding on it for a couple of years now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

He objects to the morally wrong videos etc that Korn make.....big turn around. ok he's found Christianity but at one point he loved being in the band cause he wouldn't have otherwise. Times change, people change, best of luck for whatever he does in the future

I wonder will he return the money he made from those videos and albums or give it away to charidee. After all, it would not be the christian thing to do, to keep money made from such clearly questionable pursuits. Material wealth is un-christian anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

would put it past him...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i find it strange because he's always been the funny one (shagging the plastic sheep on film etc.)...

all the fans are giving him lots of "respect" and what not but i can't help but think his whole personality within korn was a big act. blabbermouth's reports are saying he was very different outside of korn. truely that makes korn looks pretty bad imo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

born agains or so in denial...

isn't pod or something a christian heavy metal band can't he do that?

loud as f*** music positive message?? why quit

The official statement from Korn.com:

"Korn has parted ways with guitarist Brian "Head" Welch, who has chosen the Lord Jesus Christ as his savior, and will be dedicating his musical pursuits to that end. Korn respects Brian's wishes and hopes that he finds the happiness he is searching for. Jonathan, Fieldy, James and David are personally closer than ever, and are currently in the studio working on their 8th record, the follow up to their highly successful Greatest Hits album. The record is due to be released this coming September."

Head isn't giving up completely on music, he's just not playing metal anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

i suppose its his choice but I think its such a shame...........it is a bit odd though, the guy was said to 'drink beer whilst showering', doesnt seem very christian. Well, thats the end of an era.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Head has had a lot of personal problems in his life-addictions to prescription pills, for a start-and if this is the best way for him to deal with it, then so be it. I don't fully understand why he's done it, but I respect him for it.

I can fully understand it. The man is extremely weak-willed. So before he's had addictions, now he's joined America's favorite cult, the movementarians. No wait, born again christians.

And let's be honest here, Christianity has killed countless more than Metal ever has.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Head isn't giving up completely on music, he's just not playing metal anymore.
    Next he'll be jamming with church choirs, downtuned 7-string and all.

Not a korn fan but its a pity to see another mind poisoned by bible bashers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Another lost soul has taken the wrong path!

Shame really!

I liked Korn an all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Seed

Peoples interpretations of metal/religions have killed countless people.

Sides, he was my favourite member of the band. Mainly cause of the hair..ah well.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Next he'll be jamming with church choirs, downtuned 7-string and all.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

apparantly some Punk band have issued a tshirt with the slogan

"Korn gives Head to God"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Drevin Fairy

Why couldnt they all be born-again christians and leave the band simultaniously???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 drop_dead_fred

hey i dont care what you people say to me after you read this...but even though it is dissapointing to the fans that head has now left the band i think it is a great thing that he is doing. I like korn as well, not a major fan, but i think it is heaps good that he is chossing to live that life. It just shows that he is truly dedicated. Like i understand that it is dissapointing and upsetting, but he has to do what it is he has to do. So yeah, that is all i have to say about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 drop_dead_fred

Doctor J wrote:
    And let's be honest here, Christianity has killed countless more than Metal ever has.
    shut up...there are different types of christianity ok, just get over it, he has chosen the right path. Don't bag out on Christianity becuase you dont even understand what it is all about. Do you not understand all the stuff that Jesus Christ did for you?? I think that you should look more into it before you say stupid things! Another thing whoever said that thing about the cult is a moron. You should respect other people's beliefs, and i fully respect Head for what he is doing. Maybe next time you open you mouth you should fully understand what moronic things are coming out of it...don't just say something beacause you are trying to hard to be 'metal' or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

shut up...there are different types of christianity ok, just get over it, he has chosen the right path. Don't bag out on Christianity becuase you dont even understand what it is all about. Do you not understand all the stuff that Jesus Christ did for you?? I think that you should look more into it before you say stupid things! Another thing whoever said that thing about the cult is a moron. You should respect other people's beliefs, and i fully respect Head for what he is doing. Maybe next time you open you mouth you should fully understand what moronic things are coming out of it...don't just say something beacause you are trying to hard to be 'metal' or something...

ahem the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, and many more - all brought to you by religion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Ph3n0m wrote:
    ahem the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, and many more - all brought to you by religion :)

Hear Hear :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Korvanica wrote:
    Hear Hear :D
    And Galileo Galilea being accused of heresy. And don't get me started on priests...

I can almost hear a mod closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement